Peaknit

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Roza's and rhubarb

rozapair

I finished my Roza's in record time. Being laid up has afforded me lots of mindless knitting time. The yarn is semi-solid Merlot dyed by Yarntini - it's yarnfabulous.

I think it took me as long to get these socks on as it did to knit them!:) My back is coming along with physical therapy - but it's frustrating - I think I am normally active and this has forced me into retirement for a bit. Now I simply dream of the day I can get my socks on without feeling like my arms are too short.

I started another pair of socks with my wollmeise - it is as much of a pleasure to knit as it is to squeeze - it seems to be tightly spun, almost like string maybe. I have completed my first picot edge - don't you just love that word picot? So sweet, just like the effect it creates...

picot

I had never tried the provisional cast on (in the correct way) - when I was trying to join it in the round, it felt like I was in a bit of a wrestling match. This left me asking myself "um, why did I want to do this?" - but once I got the provisional cast off hemmed into the sock - damn, it's sweet. The pattern is the Simple Sock, and it came with a skein of Hello Yarn. I like the simple lines of the picot and the defined stitches - the way this yarn knits up is reminiscent of cotton with the sharp stitches - the sock is so in focus. I'm in love again with another yarn - I am such a two-timer.

rhubarbcake

the best kind of rhubarb cake.

14 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

Your Roza's socks look beautiful! I want to knit this pattern.

I'm glad you're liking the Wollmeise. It's one of my favorites, too :)

11:00 AM  
Blogger Auntly H said...

Those are GORGEOUS!!!! I love the Roza's. And you added incentive to figure out what to do with my rhabarbar. I really want to design a sock (long story why, but it's related to the Candle Flame Stole story), but I've never done that so I'm a little afraid. At least I know there's plenty of yarn for swatching.

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Wollmeise is a bit strange, but in a good way. And you're dead on, it's more like cotton - none of the fuzzy bits of the usual wool you see around. I love the stitch definition.

12:10 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Gorgeous!! As usual of course, it makes me want to start my Wollmeise right away...but...must...finish...cursed dublin bay socks!

5:58 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

Your Roza'a are fabulous! I'm a sucker for a picot edge, too. Oddly enough though, I have yet to do it on a pair of socks. Must remedy that. Wishing you continued back improvement!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

The Roza's are fabulous! I love the picos on your newest ones. I'll have to give that a try soon!

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Roza's are beautiful! Great job!

11:53 PM  
Blogger cbarnwolf said...

The Roza's are beautiful.

I'm glad your feeling good enough to pull on socks. Hope your up and jumping around soon. :)

7:41 AM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

You've outdone yourself! I am hoping for a speedy recovery for you. Injuries stink. I have to get some of that Wollmeise.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Great Roza's socks! What a lovely semisolid colorway.

I love how the Wollmeise is knitting up. Picot edges make for such a great detail!

1:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice job on the Roza socks. That yarn is absolutely delicious!

And you've convinced me. I need some Wollmiese!!!!

2:14 PM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

Thos Ruza Socks are great! Love the way the 'Rhubarb' socks are coming. The color is gorgeous and the picot edge is so sweet. I love a picot detail!

I'm sorry to hear you are not recovering as fast as you'd like. I guess if there is a bright side, it would be that you are getting a lot more knit time. Try to get the most of that.

Take Care,
Jill

6:26 AM  
Blogger bobbi said...

Roza's socks are very pretty and well knit.
they are way up on my "must knit list"
great blog site.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

Love your socks, and the new one with the picot edge, so sweet. I've just posted a pic of my sock progress, I feel like it will take forever to finish just one. How long did it take you to knit a pair?

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home