Peaknit

Friday, August 10, 2007

To pea or not to pea

topea
to pea...

or not to pea...that is the question
ornottopea

This is a simple hat from the Itty Bitty Hats book by Susan B. Anderson. I decided to stripe it up with Rowan Cotton and wanted to add some kind of embellishment. I love the little peapod - it is a little washed out by the sun in my picture. I'm thinking I should fasten it with some narrow white organza ribbon to it is removable in case the hat needs a wash.

Should I give peas a chance? I know...corny but in a silly, acceptable way right? *giggle*

I actually took an embellishment class is a store Susie used to own, she taught me herself how to make this - pretty nifty that now she's an author and stuff - her new book Itty Bitty Nursery comes out soon!

Now I really am working on my second Rhubarber and will get those Saartje's going. But I have to admit, I just love "little distractions" once in awhile. Keeps it interesting to get a FO in a jiffy, makes me feel all productive and stuff. Unfortunately, the more projects I do, the more big ziplock bags I find laying everywhere with a half-a-something in it, but I think that could be construed as Knitter Paradise, to trip over a project and fiber wherever you turn? What a great day. Or it could be Knitter's Rationalization. Yeah, for me, it's more like some of that.

**extra extra - Susie, who taught me this little embellishment sells this pea hat pattern in her shop, what a surprise! Sorry, I didn't mention this earlier for those of you who have been waiting on the book! The on-line shop is so darling and inspiring, go check it out

29 Comments:

Blogger Minerva Turkey said...

I love this little hat...such a cutie. The colors are wonderful, and your photos are lovely.

6:45 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Envision whirled peas!! That hat is so adorable.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

I LOVE the peas. You have to keep them in!

You are the queen of rationalizations :)

9:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Those peas are too cute. You have to keep them!!!!

10:56 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

The hat is too cute, especially with the little peas, hope they stay! :)

11:13 PM  
Blogger Auntly H said...

I vote for with peas. Soooo cute!

11:24 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Definately "to pea"! Super cute.

And thanks for pointing out her upcoming book. I love her first one :)

12:45 AM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

Oh that is so cute!!! Love the stripes too.

Very good idea on making it detachable for washing.
Jill

5:38 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Adorable, peas and all. :)

5:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peas!

9:11 AM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

TO pea-for sure!!!! Too cute!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

Very cute peas! What a great hat!

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simply
Adorable!

12:20 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

I say to pea is the answer, and even better having it detachable so you can wash the hat:-)
I just saw Susan's book in B&N today and now I want it - I can't wait for her new book to come out so I'm gonna order them both on Amazon:-)

3:09 PM  
Blogger Hunny said...

gotta keep the peas.....

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the peas! Keep 'em!

8:57 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

Pea! Pea! It's always good to keep the peas, for blessed is the peas maker.

11:36 AM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

Oh my gosh, the peas are adorable!
such a cute hat!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

Peas,totally! Why can't you wash the peas?
I am reading this from Florida, so glad I checked. Thanks for the support, Stacey.

4:25 PM  
Blogger hook and needle said...

I vote for peas! In fact, I'd like a pair of pea earrings, they are so cute. I really should make a great hat like that for lil' b this winter...hmm, something to add to the list, I guess.

8:13 AM  
Blogger wiscjennyann said...

Oh I love the peas! Keep them keep them!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Courtney the Knitting Goddess said...

peas and plenty!

and zip it in a lingerie bag to wash.

6:19 PM  
Blogger mle said...

Wow, that hat is too cute!! personally, I like the pea pod on it.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

You MUST pea! It makes the hat, I think. Too cute! Now I have to go get the book for my two little sweet peas :)

11:35 AM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Love the peas!! I say give pees a chance :)

8:52 PM  
Blogger clothesknit said...

pea! pea! pea! for the love of all that is cute in the world, keep the pea pod!

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The peapod is totally acceptably corny - I LOVE it!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

So cute! Are you going to WI Sheep & Wool this Sept.? I'm hoping to go, but haven't made plans yet.

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you peas! I pea-ed here:
http://beeclassic.blogspot.com/2011/07/hydrangeas-and-peas.html
Too!

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home