Peaknit

Friday, August 17, 2007

Break the Silence

Anyone recognize that from Depeche Mode? Well, anyways, it's been awhile since I posted - I have been sustaining on and basking in the wonderful comments on my Peas hat - wow, thanks you blog friends for the wonderful and plentiful feedback. Peas it shall be. Now I need to prepare it for the mail, it is for a certain someone who is so darn nice, I'd hate to spoil the surprise.

I have been toiling away on my second Rhubarber sock - and while I was working, another package from the most accommodating Claudia of Wollmeise arrived. I am slightly nuerotic, I felt I needed to order from Wollmeise again because soon demand will be more than the supply, I'm convinced. And really, it seems that it is more less a wash to order direct or get from the Loopy Ewe, the only US retailer carrying Wollmeise. I am such a loser and miss every one of Sheri's sneak ups over at Loopy - I had to take things into my own hands.

Two new sock yarns Krauterbeet (herb garden) and a seasonal offering, Johannisbeer (red currant) und Brennessel...

johannisbeet

Two skeins of worsted - it is comparable to Manos...Rhubarber and Dani.

300

dani

And the piece de la resistance...

sample1

samples3

47 samples to encompass her entire collection, all in worsted weight - I am thinking once I have loved each one properly, they could make an awesome fulled bag. People over at the addicts group at Ravelry are posting ideas. I'm just waiting for the right one - but for now, I will simply admire them. And quickly close my wallet - enough for now - I am declaring a yarn diet. period. I am a life time member of Weight Watchers so I should be able to do this, right? I mean, this does not count sock clubs or the one order from Scout that I am waiting for - after that, I swear, I'm done. All sponsors apply within.

As a side note, I had to get the worsted after seeing Elemmaciltur's My-So-Called Scarves in each colorway over at Ravelry. Gorgeous. And he is also part of Knitting Uncensored - a funny podcast I got turned onto by the Wollmeise Addicts, a group, also at Ravelry - I think the podcasters are all members. Fellow podcast admirer Scout J. created the most fabulous colorway in their honor. Any merino colorway with the words "mankitten" and "lederhosen" deserves a look.

HOLD THE PHONE - I found this Knit Along and want to link to it - in part because there's a contest but mostly because it supports breast cancer awareness - Campanula for the Cure - there is a cool pattern available for a donation - and won't it be perfect for my pink Peaknit Yarntini?? I have been waiting for a pattern to speak to me - breast cancer + pink = good thing.
Campanula+KAL+button

14 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

Oh, what a pretty set of yarn! I'll be excited to see what you do with all of it :)

7:42 PM  
Blogger Auntly H said...

Oh, god! You make me want to order more Wollmeise RIGHT NOW. I don't need more yarn just yet, but I want to cover my whole bed and sleep on it!

7:57 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Lordy, Lordy...so exciting, way to go for broke. Isn't Claudia the nicest person to interact with? She even sent my yarn before I paypaled her!

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG Woman! I am wiping the drool from my face right now and trying very hard not to google wollemeise right now! I had a list of about 4 colors that I wanted and now feel that I need to add worsted weights too!

And then there is my pal scout's new color!

Knock me over with a feather --I off to shop my little fingers away:)

9:53 PM  
Blogger clothesknit said...

the yarny goodness is too much! you lucky, lucky girl :o)

9:56 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Gorgeous Wollmeise, great pics so..um..now I have to add to my list too! I love those tiny skeins too cute!

9:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wollmeise? What is this Wollmeise of which you speak? I must acquire some and investigate it for myself...

(Peapod on the hat is too cute by the way!)

10:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that picture just gave me a seizure. But in a good way.

12:24 AM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

I'll sign up to be your sponsor, I'm also going on a yarn diet until the condo is gone, but you just made it a lot tougher with that Wollmeise, I love the one with blues and greens! Can't wait to see what you ordered from Scout.

5:31 AM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

Oh man, look at all the awesome yarn!!! You are making me want to go and put in an order myself.

Beautiful colors! Look forward to seeing what your needles will reveal!

Jill

9:06 AM  
Blogger mle said...

Wow! what an amazing sampler collection! just gorgeous!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Minerva Turkey said...

What a beautiful yarn mountain you have. I am green with envy! I have missed quite a few things in the sneak ups as well...I think it is because of the time difference.

Enjoy your new yarn, and stick to that yarn diet.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

Oh my gosh, that is some gorgeous yarn. It would just make a beautiful coffee table topper in a big bowl. Also, what a response to the little pea hat! What fun. People always get a kick out of the peas. I am putting a version of that hat in my next book. I put in a new twist and I love it.

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not only is the yarn gorgeous, but the graphic designer in me is absolutely LOVING those tags on each one!

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home