Peaknit

Sunday, September 02, 2007

one down, another cast on

The baby cable pattern from Sensational Socks. I have one finished and another cast on. Something about Wollmeise, I find that I enjoy working with it so much, I can't resist casting on a second one immediately - giving me hope of a cure for the elusive second sock syndrome. maybe the doc could give you a prescription for Wollmeise? My doc recently wrote up a scrip for me for a new boss - so I think anything is possible. I hope I won't need a refill on the boss.

bc1
finished toe...
bc2
new-fall-heel-showing-danskos...
bc3
eye of the partridge heel

I know, I could have waited til I have a second one done since I just blogged about this yesterday, but I couldn't resist showing a finished something. I also started a ball band dishcloth to go with some handmade soap I was talking about - a nice distraction for socks I guess, you know, if you want a distraction from socks, that is.

*also Crystal Palace dpn's didn't break, not even once - I may be onto something.

20 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

Very pretty! I don't blame you for wanting to cast on for the second right away.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Very nice - I'm doing the Baby Cable rib (I switched to the Eye of Partridge heel too), but mine are in STR - pebbles. Yours look great! PS - I'm waiting to cast on my Wollmeise purchases, because I fear the same thing as you (and I have also ordered directly from Claudia - she's a gem).

4:14 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Those are so pretty! Lovely colorway! I need a pair of those Dansko's, perfect to show off your handknit socks! :)

4:40 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Really, really gorgeous...which color way is that?

5:01 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Fabulous fall socks! I just love "Sensational Knitted Socks" -- such an easy book to use.

BTW, I have those clogs in brown! I bought them with the express purpose of showing off handknit socks :-)

5:09 PM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

Gorgeous socks! And cool Dansko's too. I got a pair today out at The Shoe Box in Black Earth. I love them! Pics on my blog soon! Thanks for the suggestion!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Auntly H said...

So pretty! And I love the new shoes.

mollybees: you just gave me a huge flashback. Every summer we would go to the Shoe Box for my new school shoes (that was back in the day when it was in a tiny shop in the center of town). I miss that place....

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

10:36 PM  
Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

Woohoo! Looking great!

5:50 AM  
Blogger Minerva Turkey said...

Wonderful job on the sock! I really need to get my hands on that yarn. Those shoes are fantastic as well.

3:31 PM  
Blogger wiscjennyann said...

Ooo beautiful! Love them, especially the heel. I'm def going to try out the eye of the partridge on my next sock.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

OMG, I am totally in love with the coloureway (as much as baby cables)!!!!!!

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very very pretty!

2:35 AM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

Wow, that looks great! You make beautiful socks!

(the toe always looks goofy for me. I guess I just need to practice more!)

Thanks!
Jill

5:32 AM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

Lovely sock, lovely Danskos!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Missy said...

more danskos and more wollmeise!
be still my beating heart. :)

9:21 AM  
Blogger Risa said...

Beautiful! You're starting to make me think I need some of this Wollmeise stuff. :)

12:15 PM  
Blogger bockstark.knits said...

gorgeous!!!

2:23 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

We just need Wollmeise to have a sock club!!!

4:44 PM  
Blogger bobbi said...

glad you showed us, it's a very pretty sock.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home