Peaknit

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Sa-wag makes knitting gangster

scout2
South Tyrolean Mankitten in Lederhosen

The name is a mouthful - but isn't it gorgeous? I was inspired by Bockstark Knits (I love the "boyfriend socks" in her header too!), Scout J. dyed this for the crew at Knitters Uncensored. I saw it at Bockstark Knits and had to have it. After listening to just one episode of the podcast, I want to wear their colors! Like a knitter gang - can you imagine? We could wear our knit beanies to the side, throw "signs" with out knitting needles, say things like "your mama crochets", knitting rumbles...(I'm thinking along the lines of the Sharks and the Jets...or Danny Zuko's gang on Grease - not so much automatic weapons or drug trafficking...)

And I am making progress on baby cable socks from Sensational Socks out of another skein of Wollmeise. I wanted to be strong and show a finished sock by the end of the weekend but I couldn't keep it to myself. The colorway is Johannisbeer und Brennessel, I think it was seasonal and may no longer available - it has fall written all over it. Claudia's shop is closed for the month of September - I think I slid an order in under the buzzer - I'm seriously embarrassed at this new found addiction - her closure is probably good for me - no temptation - I'm sorry for those of you who have strength. Now the yarn diet officially begins, I mean it. Anyways the first sock is past the heel - eye of partridge just rocks, though I wonder if I could have continued in the teeny cables? Well, next time.

babycables
The heel is a little wonky the way it is pulled onto my blocker...

Lastly, Auntly H. "enticed" me to join up the Harvest Sock Swap - kind of a clever idea - it's like a 1/2 of a sockapalooza. You get your match around the first day of fall and knit one sock - then send that sock and the leftover yarn and pattern to your pal, they knit the second one. I am kind of intimidated to knit a whole pair for someone else - but one sock, somehow it seems managable and fun. My only concern is that I am a tight knitter - I hope my pal can match my gauge...For now, if you sign up there is a contest, and tell 'em I sent you.:)

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there hope you are having a marvelous weekend! I Love this new sock too! I am so glad this is one of the colors I chose when purchasing from Claudia. I got in under the wire too b4 she closed her doors for the summer!

Thanks for posting about the new swap it sounds like fun!

12:46 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

That is one of my all time fave color combos, love it!!!

12:52 PM  
Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

Yay for Tyrolen Mankitten!!!!!

And your Johannisbeere & Brennnessel ("Black currant and stinging nettle") looks great!

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous colors! It's funny I'm knitting the same pattern in Wollmeise, but obviously a different color. I too managed to get one last order in before she closed up shop.

We're baaaaad girls. Like the Pink Ladies in Grease. I swear I'm smacking my chewing gum as I write this, wry expression on my face, skinny cigarette dangling from my fingers.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

Love the yarn and the baby cables! Joe is one lucky uncle to have those cuties as "friends 4 ever." Those girls look like a lot of fun.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Minerva Turkey said...

Such a funny post! :) I love the new sock, the pattern really accents that colourway. Make sure to post a pic when the pair is done.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Another Yay for Tyrolean Mankitten! I love mine! That pattern is perfect for your Johannisbeere & Brennnessel colorway! Patiently waiting for TLE or October. ;)

4:11 PM  
Blogger Auntly H said...

We'll have to work out the secret handshake for when we finally meet in person.

You are a bad influence. Now I think I need Tyrolean Mankitten socks, too. And I've been trying to avoid Scout's shop. I want something, anything in Bibliotheque and I want the Soak samples. The Eucalan smell bugged me last time.... NEXT paycheck!

Oh, and those J&B socks are gorgeous!

4:47 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Oooh, pretty new yarn! The socks are looking great so far :)

6:13 PM  
Blogger sharon said...

Thaks for posting about the swap - signed up. Such fun!
sharon

7:36 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

ok, i think i may have to climb in and grab that yarn! I LOVE IT!!! ( can you hear me)??????????
and your socks are looking fabulous!

8:00 PM  
Blogger sharon said...

in reply to bad influence - you don't want to know that I considered the complete lack of funds the only deterrent to ordering buckets of Wollmeise when I saw your recent post.
very strongly resisting Scout's swag too.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's gorgeous! Must resist!

11:41 PM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

Notice I only got *Lederhosen* on the tag? Glad you like it!!

11:21 AM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

Urg, you are such an enabler! Because I'm pretty sure I'll be trying to sign up for that swap & then I'll just *have* to buy new sock yarn for it... :lol LOVE your cable socks!

9:43 PM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

I refuse to click your "way too tempting" link to South Tyrolean Mankitten in Lederhosen. Really. You should be ashamed. Okay...I should be ashamed at my lack of willpower. If, and only, IF I don't get the wollmeise I'm lusting for will I give in to your enabling ways.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

wow! those socks are beautiful! what I wouldn't do for a pair of those in the fall when all you want to put on is a big sweater, warm pants & thick socks. you are very talented!

11:18 AM  
Blogger WonderMike said...

That is some serious loveliness. Well Done!!! OH, and I'll join your gang. PURL GIRL!!!

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home