Peaknit

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Holy Crap, I think I've done it!

I think I have set up a knit along blog - I'm pretty darned excited and I am hoping some of you out there will come join me. The KAL is for the Firestarter sock - luscious sock pattern by Yarnissima. If you follow that link you will stumble upon Yarnissima's e-mail, she will send you the pattern gratis upon request - yay!

It is an amazing pattern, toe up - intended for the Magic Loop - great instruction on the crochet provisional cast on, and the coolest toe-up gusset ever! Marjan also includes darling tiny charts to cut out and laminate for on-the-go - imagine! Come on over to the KAL blog , I am awful lonesome for some fun knitters. But please be patient with me as I am a greenhorn with the html. (Hence why I think, at least on my computer, my Avatar and links are at the bottom of my blog...at least on my computer...)

I have cast mine on with Iris Sibirica from none other than Wollmeise - and I'm in love - with the yarn and the pattern. So my goal is to spread the love!

I'm so excited, I even made up some buttons, the photos are courtesy of Yarnissima's blog. Here's what I have come up with so far...

firestarterbutton

firestarter button

Please e-mail me at peaknitATgmailDOTcom if you want me to "invite" you to the KAL blog. Please include your blog address so that I can "link" you in the sidebar....if can figure that out, that is. :)

Thanks Ellemaciltur for encouraging me - or were you laughing at me? and Yarnissima for your blessing to go forward.

14 Comments:

Blogger Auntly H said...

Do you have any idea how many projects I have that seem to need completion RIGHT NOW? And yet, there I went, emailing Yarnissima and soon I'll be over there, blindly following you down the path to more gorgeous socks!

1:25 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

You can count me in!!! But I just started the second Marina Piccollo, so I might be a little behind. I better go downstairs and get knitting!

2:12 PM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

You are a brave soul venturing into new territory. I hope you get a fabulous turnout. I can't join you right now, I have a little too much on my plate. I will watch from the sidelines though. Good luck!

4:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You'll be a great KAL hostess! Have fun!

6:48 PM  
Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

Yay!!! You know, I definitely didn't laugh at you. I'm happy that you're hosting this. And this will mean, that I'll have to cast on soon. ;-)

7:08 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I'll have to check that pattern out, looks like fun!

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i got my pattern :-)

8:55 PM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

Rock on girl! That is great that you started a KAL!

This sock pattern is very cool. Is it hard? If you don't think it's too hard for a girl that's only knitted socks a few times then I might want to join you. Looks like fun!

Jill

6:42 AM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

I am *sooo* there! Come on, Jill; you can do it!!

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm totally in!!! Just need to order that pattern:)

11:18 AM  
Blogger Minerva Turkey said...

Congrats on setting up the KAL. I am trying to decide if I should join....I am working on like 5 things right now, and I am dying to start another few projects. Why can't I just win the lottery?!? That way I don't need to work, or do housework, or laundry...all things that take away knitting time. :)

8:56 PM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

Okay Peaknit. I want join, especially since Claudia just emailed me and my Wollmeise is on it's way! Yea!! However, I feel very hesitant because I have not yet learn to knit on one circ, although I intend to learn, I'm not sure I want to yet. I'm pretty content with two circ's.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Cindy/Snid said...

Thanks for starting the KAL.It looks like it is going to be a fun pattern to knit!

3:08 PM  
Blogger Knitting in Pink said...

I just received the pattern from her just a couple days ago. So I guess I'll just have to join the KAL!

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home