Peaknit

Monday, September 24, 2007

TGIM?

NOT. I heard "TGIM" on the radio this morning - who's fooling who here?

pier

Thankfully the weekend was wonderful - so relaxing and beautiful. My husband and I traveled to my brother-in-law's wedding in Green Lake, WI. We stayed in a beautiful bed and breakfast and enjoyed the most wonderful food, relaxation and even a "wedding couple sponsored 5k". My brother-in-law and his new wife paid extraordinary attention to detail - in a word, perfect. In many words, a band beyond their years, an omlet station (thank you, Mike), mini cheesecake, gorgeous water, mimosa, race numbers and medals, a jacuzzi, pontoon boat ride, an outlet mall, knitting, reading, child-free, Captain Morgan, and did I mention relaxation. Thank you.

keg
No description needed...however, in true Madison style - Capital Beer.

roomwithaview2

roomwithaview

roomwithaview

rippingood
The Rippin Good Cookie Outlet - where you can buy a 22lb box of fudge stripe cookies.

perfectpair
job well done.

somehow I fumbled and I didn't get near the pictures I had hoped for - I was truly enjoying the details, drinking in the colors on the omlet station, the textures of the wedding clothing, inhaling the lake air - and apparently just carrying my camera as a prop. Thankfully, I have newly minted family memories. Welcome to the family, Joanne.

12 Comments:

Blogger Molly Bee said...

Looks like a lovely weekend! Anywhere by the water is alright with me!

4:41 PM  
Blogger Minerva Turkey said...

It looks like it was a beautiful wedding, and the pictures you took are wonderful.

4:56 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Oh honey I have put PLENTY of those Rippin' Good cookies away in my time!! Glad you had a great weekend.

5:17 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

So glad you had a good time!

5:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That looks like a great weekend! Glad you had fun.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Looks and sounds like you had a fabulous weekend! Wow!

8:44 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

Such a beautiful bride and groom...congratulations to them.
I think you took lovely photos!

10:21 PM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

Looks and sounds like a wonderful weekend! What a beautiful setting for a wedding. Looks like it was great weather too!

Congratulations to them! Beautiful couple.
Jill

6:27 AM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

What a perfect weekend. The bride and groom are beautiful.

7:36 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Woohoo Capitol!

Looks like a great weekend. I love weddings!

9:25 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Wow, it looks like a wonderful weekend!

9:22 AM  
Blogger How To Eat A Cupcake said...

Those photos are beautiful. They really make me want to get outta town!

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home