Peaknit

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Another WIP?

Well, of course! I finished my takealong sock and started the Firestarter - this pattern is a little (okay, a lot) trickier that the baby cable - takes concentration, so I needed a new traveling project. I try to knit anytime I can be in the car or at the lunch table if the weather keeps me from walking. So my new take along is the chevron scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I had started one sometime back and was not happy with the lack of varigation, so I have been looking and looking. And I've seen some pretty amazing ones like this one and this one and this one. And that is just for starters.

chevron

Finally I have found two Socks that Rock skeins that I think are pretty snazzy. I am using Rhodenite and the August sock club installment of Flower Power. I am happy with the way they are knitting up together, and there is lots of pink in there - that is always a plus right? So my Firestarts will be my "careful, under a lamp, no Captain Morgan" project while this can be fun on-the-go. We are traveling a couple of hours away to a wedding this weekend and I am thinking I could make some progress - I am planning on lots of peace and relaxation. The bride is so organized and the couple has gone out of their way to make it a nice weekend for grown-ups. Yay! Love my kids - but my wedding anniversary is around the corner, so call it a pre-game getaway.

Lastly, yarn candy...

helloyarnwhirligig

some Hello Yarn - a gift certificate has been burning a hole in my pocket but it is a race to get any fat sock yarn over there - til now. Whirligig - yum.

19 Comments:

Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

Last minute knitted gifts is so packed full of beautiful projects. I love that yarn combo, so pretty. Have fun on your little getaway. I am dropping your package in the mail tomorrow.

3:48 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Pretty pretty (as usual). If I don't talk to you have a great time this weekend!!!

5:50 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

Nicely done - the scarf looks great! Have fun at your wedding/easy knitting getaway!

5:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gorgeous Hello yarn! And your scarf is looking lovely.

Have a great weekend!

7:56 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Holy moly, I think I've lost my sock mojo, but you sure haven't! I love the feather & fan scarves out there, and this surely is a candidate pattern for my poor forlorn Scottish Highlands yarn (which is still in time out...)

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty scarf and yarn! Thanks so much for linking to my blog!

11:13 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

No Captain?:(

I completely agree that you need a low-cognitive load knitting project at all time...

5:35 AM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

Your Chevron Scraf is looking awesome!

Sounds like you are going to have a fun wedding to go to. I love weddings!

Have a fun and safe trip!
Jill

7:27 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Yummy yummy yarn. I'm drooling. And the chevron scarf is looking great. I'm still in the market for that book. Both places I hit this week were a no go.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Your Chevron choices look great, and that's some pretty new yarn! Enjoy your weekend :)

12:21 PM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

Love the scarf!! Have a fun weekend!

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the colors you chose for your Chevron, it looks great!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

Ooo! Those go great together! Can't wait to see the finished scarf!

4:42 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

lovely combo for your chevron!
hope your weekend is going great!~

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Miss. Peaknit!
I'm your single sock buddy.
I can't seem to find your e-mail address anywhere, so drop me a note at ruthkohnle at gmail dot com (not my real name, it's an alias) & we can chat. (Feel free to call me Ruth if you need a name :P).
Looking forward to hearing from you.
"Ruth"

3:36 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Gorgeous color combination on the scarf! Love the "no Captain Morgan" caveat on your Firestarters, too. Then again, "no Captain Morgan" is one of my general policies. I'm more of a gin and vodka fan. Luckily vodka is clear. :-)

9:31 PM  
Blogger sheepish one said...

that hello yarn is so much better looking on your blog than it was in adrian's shop! wow! beautiful chevron scarf, too.

10:01 PM  
Blogger bobbi said...

very pretty yarn. love the colors

1:15 AM  
Blogger they call me mommy said...

That yarn (in the last pic) is sooooo delicious! What colorway is it? I've got to get my hands on some hello yarn. And your chevron scarf looks awesome!

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home