Peaknit

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

In my grubby little hands...

I have the most delightful book...
ittybittynursery
Itty Bitty Nursery by Susan B. Anderson

I know I have said this before, but my brush with fame never gets old for me, Susie, the author, actually had a hand in teaching me to knit. I took a beginner class in her adorable shop. The shop closed some time back and then while wandering in another great LYS, I saw her last book and made sure to get to the book signing - where I worked on my Cosmopolitan Yarntini Jaywalkers - this is a full-circle story for me - like I said, I can't tell it enough. Anyways, I saw Susie and posted about the book signing, the rest is history. I have been lucky enough to be in touch with her, commenting back and forth and even a meet up earlier this year where I got to see the pre-fab pages of this new book. And then yesterday, I get this one in the mail from none other than Susie - yay!! Such an unexpected treat to be gifted something so special! Thank you! And again, blogland rocks!

The book is even more spectacular bound up and in my grubby little mitts. I wanted to post a couple of projects that made me sigh...

grumpybear
Grumpy Old Bear

Don't you just love this guy, he makes me smile. I may need to knit him up to be my tangible "happy place" - he is so wonderful, albeit a grumpy little charmer.

strollerjacket
Circles Stroller jacket and mittens

This darling jacket makes my womb ache for a baby. Okay, I can assure you I am having no more babies, but oh, could I squeeze my 2-year-old into this? Meanwhile, I want to hug this baby, mmm...edible.

cupcake
Cupcake Baby Set

I think I could make one of these to fit my sweetie's noggin. Anything cupcake is just somehow better. I want to pinch those little cheeks.

Susie, you have done it again. I just wanted to give a teeny tiny peek into Itty Bitty Nursery, there are so many adorable things. If you have a baby to knit for, it's a must have (and I don't say that just because I have it, seriously, it's a great reference for so many sweet things) - I pray for many little ones in my path - not just because they smell so good and you can love them right up - my hands want need to knit for babies...

13 Comments:

Blogger yarntini said...

omg, that cupcake set is THE cutest thing I have ever seen! I'm headed back home from Florida tomorrow and I feel like the luckiest person alive because I have a copy waiting for me too! I can't wait to break it open and get started. Susan is just the best!

4:53 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

What a CUTE book, I'm picking that one up for sure, thanks for the req!

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh, I can't wait to get that book. Itty Bitty Hats is the one knitting book I have used the most, hands down. Susan is so talented and so lovely.

Thanks for sharing. Must.Make.Cupcake.Set.

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cuuuuteeee! Can't wait to see what you knit from it!

7:47 PM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

Oh! Isn't it the most amazing book?! I *just* got back from visiting it at Barnes & Noble... I had to step back for a day or two though; something about not having any money, lol. The mobile is just amazing; and the polka dot chickens, and... and, and, and! I'm so jealous you have it *right there*!

7:56 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Arghhhh! I can't wait for my copy, I was just telling Susan at her blog that Amazon is saying it won't be delivered until Oct 12th, I don't know if I can wait that long. Thanks for giving us a sneak peak, I love Mr. Grumpy Bear :) And oooh, I gotta knit that cup cake. I made a Christmas pud hat just recently for a friend in England, (will post a pic on my blog soon) and I know she would just adore this set for her 1 yr old).
Have a great night - oh, so what are you gonna knit first ;-)
Hugs Denise

9:10 PM  
Blogger Auntly H said...

I love the circle stroller jacket and there's a future boy I need to knit for soon. Maybe his mom will pick that (and buy me the book). :)

10:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OMG!!!! The cupcake hat to the cutest. I'm so jealous of your advance copy. You lucky, lucky girl!

12:07 AM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Wow - how great!! Susie just posted that part of her book tour is in my state - I'm thinking of going depending on how busy I am and how far away it is!

5:19 AM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

Love the cupcake set!!!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

Oooooo, I am glad I checked your blog today. Stacey, thanks for your lovely support. I am proud to have you as a knitting friend.

One funny thing, you know that picture of the circles jacket where the baby is laying on the matching blanket? Don't you just feel like giving that jacket a good yank so the zipper isn't up by the baby's face? It is a cute picture otherwise and you can see the sweater clearly so that's good. That is one of my favorite sets in the book! And cupcakes never get old.
Thanks, sweetie.

5:46 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

that is an adorable book!
baby knits are just the BEST!

8:22 AM  
Blogger How To Eat A Cupcake said...

That bear is adorable. I hope you make him :)

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home