Peaknit

Thursday, September 27, 2007

And because sometimes I knit...

I figured I should mention it. I do knit sometimes. Mostly I like to think about it, talk about it, look through books about it. It is so funny how a knitting blog can take so many turns.

I am in two sock swaps this fall - one is the Harvest Sock Swap, the other is a Single Sock Liberation Movement gig. In each swap you knit up one sock and send the remaining skein and pattern to your partner with other added goodies. I have both of my partners and now I need to make some decisions and execute. I have started the Embossed Leaves Sock using Sundara Yarn in grass over leaf - can you imagine a more fitting name? And knit up, it is delightful, I'm not sure I can actually give it away. This gorgeous yarn was gifted to me, so it somehow seems appropriate to gift a finished sock, kind of a circle. Here's two lace repeats...don't you love those leaves? I heart fall.

leaves

For my second partner I am still deciding... maybe my Firestarter, I just have a toe for now. Or maybe the Boyfriend Sock? Or Vinnland? She is curious about the Jaywalker - is that just too easy? A cop out? If I can find the perfect colorway, maybe not. I feel that just one sock should allow me to be a little fancier in my pattern choice, we'll see. I can see my mind changing a bazillion times - so long as I get socks out when I am supposed to - I imagine that's just fine. Feel free to weigh in with a suggestion!

Also, got my Petals Collection kit today - seems fitting I would be knitting Sundara when more comes in the mail, the stuff is like a drug for me. Um, am I self-medicating with yarn?

I present Poppy...

poppy2

poppy
This picture is a fairly accurate depiction of color. Rich, fall, delicious. Can you feel the skin breaking on that juicy plum? Juice dribbling down your chin, mmmmm.

I am so hopeful that Sundara will continue the sock club, there is currently one more installment left. I have invested in more than my share of clubs, this one truly deserves renewal - so thoughtful and creative, always a unique pattern and a beautiful postcard of the inspiration blossum. It's like getting a gift.

21 Comments:

Blogger Auntly H said...

If you'd been my spoiler in the Harvest swap, I'd be begging for that poppy yarn right now. It is GORGEOUS!!!!

7:56 PM  
Blogger Auntly H said...

p.s. the leaves are fabulous, too!

7:56 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Beautiful embossed leaves socks! The yarn (and name) couldn't be any more appropriate.

My skein of "Poppy" arrived today, too, and I just love it. I was bummed about the 2 most recent Yarn Pirate yarn and am thinking about quitting that sock club.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My poppy is here too. So gorgeous!

8:14 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

That Embossed leaves is a beauty for sure. I am also tempted by Vinnland for the SSL swap, how funny!!

8:43 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

That Poppy is gorgeous!!!! I love it the purples are so me, pretty pattern too. The other Sundara yarn really fits the pattern. Keep me posted if she renues the club.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

OOooh, what yummy sock yarn! I'm jealous of all your sock clubs! Your partner will love the embossed leaves sock...just start a second one for yourself right now in the plum...falling red/purple leaves -- that's so "autumny" lol. I'm checking gauge, but I'm pretty sure I'm doing the firestarters for my harvest sock swap -- it even ties into my theme...

11:56 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

That poppy is SO PRETTY. I think if your swap pal is interested in jaywalkers you should totally go for it. Give 'em what they want, right> They might never do it if you don't give them the impetus. Just because it isn't hard doesn't mean it doesn't make an awesome gift!!!

12:32 AM  
Blogger Minerva Turkey said...

I love the socks. I have knit this pattern, and they are beautiful to wear.

I am very jealous of your poppy skein. What a wonderful color. :)

5:06 AM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

Delicious poppy! Those embossed leaves socks have been in my knitting line forever, must knit, must knit, must knit...
Thanks for the reminder.

7:42 AM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

lovin all of these socks and sock clubs........i really need to knit some socks!

8:25 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

I love that Poppy yarn!

Picking a pattern for the SSLM has been tough. Good luck in your search :)

11:05 AM  
Blogger Risa said...

Wow! Both of those yarns are gorgeous! I love Sundara's work. I got some in the mail today :)

11:09 AM  
Blogger Diana @ Photodee said...

Love the embossed leaves. That is totally on my to-knit list. I am still waiting on my Sundara. Thanks for the spoiler! (really, I almost always peek...since it takes longer to get to me on the east coast!) I am hoping it will be in today or tomorrow's mail!!

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm usually not a purple person but I do like Sundara's latest installment - I'm knitting it right now.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

I LOVE that Sundara yarn with the Embossed Leaves pattern. So so so perfect!

1:06 PM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Oooh, that purple yarn is gorgeous!
I'm making the Embossed Leaves socks too, in fall colors...pix a few posts back on my blog. They're a lot of fun so far.

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Embossed Laves--nice WIP! My Sundara arrived yesterday and I was instantly in Love. Although your seems to have more varigation in colors very very nice! Mine is more on the solid side.

I have a the toe finished on my Firestarter. The pattern is somewhat challenging:) Not sure if I am doing things correctly....

9:16 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

I too love my Poppy and hope she continues! Embossed leaves are looking awesome! I'm about to cast on mine next week (gotta finish another pair first)

10:21 PM  
Blogger sheepish one said...

love the poppy! and i just made my own pair of Embossed Leaves and loved that pattern. your Leave are beautiful.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Just found your blog through the SSL swap. The color for embossed leaves is just perfect--totally gorgeous!

And I really hope Sundara does another club, I'd love to get in on some of that color. Yum, yum.

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home