Peaknit

Thursday, October 04, 2007

To swap or not to swap...that is the question

elsawpsock

elsockclose

My Embossed Leaves sock is finished. I am involved in two single sock swaps - so I started the sock with my pals' taste in mind and because I love the pattern and this Sundara yarn. But who to give it to? I am still working out the finer details, em. I soaked the sock in well, SOAK, for about 30 minutes last night with just a teeny bit of wash out - it is blocked, and ready.

Today I took the afternoon off of work (how decadent) expressly to move forward on my Firestarter. The pattern is by Yarnissima. (come join the Sock-A-long here)

fspattern

The picture I realize is slightly odd -I think it is because of the position of my needles, I had to center the side traveling stitches in order to use my favorite 5 needle method. I am about to embark on the gusset, and given this is my first try at "traveling" stitches...I'm pretty stoked. The yarn is my prized Wollmeise, in Veilchen. (Wollmeise's new shop is OPEN and found here - no pressure.) Again, this could be a swap sock. If anything, anyone who could be my potential pal will be in the dark as to what sock I am really swapping, eh? (you know, since I also seem to be in the dark)

And just because, I also wound up more Wollmeise in Turkis and Karneol. This skein has so many of my partners suggested colors in it, maybe this is the one? It's a skein of fall. A Jaywalker perhaps?

turkiskarneol

I think the suspense is killing me. *giggle* Lucky I have a month or so to narrow my choices. Suggestions encouraged. Thanks knitters!

23 Comments:

Blogger knittingma said...

I *love* the embossed leaves sock! It turned out so beautiful, and your firestarter is looking great, too.

6:26 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Wow - two good looking socks!! What was the background you used for embossed leaves? Pics are great. I'm hoping to get my short row lesson this weekend and really get started on the firestarter.

6:41 PM  
Blogger sharon said...

pick me pick me!!!!
I don't know - the blue is my colour you know...
I htink the third would go well for the harvest sock swap

6:53 PM  
Blogger Hunny said...

I love the leaves sock!! So make another one and send them both to me and that will end your problem!! :)

6:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the socks! That blue color is so saturated. Really, really pretty.

I have no advice. Just keep knitting those lovely things.

7:54 PM  
Blogger Auntly H said...

SOOOO beautiful! All of it. I'm hoping I get to examine that Firestarter in person on Saturday... (squeeee)

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job with both! Lucky recipients!

8:26 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yes, Jaywalkers, most definitely!!

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my..........I LOVE those green socks!

10:46 PM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

Ooohh, gorgeous! I think you want to send me your firestarter... ;) The embossed leaves is awesome, too -- so ... well... leafy! Wish I had some advice, but I'm guessing that "send them all to me" isn't very helpful, huh!

10:48 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Both are very pretty colorways...I'd hate to be you right now! ;) Hard to choose! :)

12:02 AM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

The Embossed Leaves Sock looks great! Great green too!

Man, I need to start my Firestarter (I am in the KAL and all) if only my friends and family would stop having birthdays and babies then maybe I could start something for instead of making gifts!

How great - take the afternoon off to knit. I can dig it!
Jill

5:44 AM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Ooooh, the leaves sock turned out so pretty! I can't wait to see how mine will look.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

That embossed leaves sock is making me swoon, seriously.

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous as always! I love the embossed leaves --send it to me:) I'll swap with you:)

Hey, I think I need help with the firestarter... I will email you separately after I give it another go this weekend. I hope that is O.K. I am not sure on some parts of the pattern.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

Luly!!! JayWalkers? Go for it!

3:24 PM  
Blogger Jennie said...

Gorgeous green sock! Love it and you're doing fantastic on the firestarter. :) I really need to start mine.

12:11 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

HI!! I love those leaf socks--that pattern is beautiful. Can you tell me who the pattern is by so I can try to find it? When I get done with all the baby stuff and my sock for my swap pal, I want to make a pair of those for me!! Thanks for the kind comments you left on my blog!! I'm glad to know others are looking at it!

Cindy

9:43 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Both socks look amazing. I think I really like the embossed leaves pattern. I haven't tried it yet, but I just might have to. Is it an easy pattern to knit?

5:28 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

What a delightful dilemma to be caught in! Which gorgeous, luxurious sock to pass along? Hmm, let's all knit and ponder. :)

11:35 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Love the embossed leaves sock and your firestarter. I have to go out and get me some Wollmeise, her shop is only about an hour and a half away from my house...mmm...maybe this weekend.

By the way you've been tagged, check out my blog to see the rules. Hope that you don't mind :)

11:59 AM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

Okay...that Turk color is top on my list for my next Wollmeise order. I can't wait to see what you do with it. Your Embossed Leaves sock is gorgeous!

6:40 PM  
Blogger gray la gran said...

i vote keep the green sock ! it's just too pretty (keep in mind that i have very selfish socken tendencies).

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home