Peaknit

Monday, October 22, 2007

Author sighting!

susiessigning
Susie and her sweet daughter/ photographer...

I went to Susie's book signing for Itty Bitty Nursery on Saturday at Lakeside Fibers - she is so darn nice. She wrote wonderful things on her blog about me and I am blushing, she gives me way more credit that I deserve - but thank you! I really like the Pay-It-Forwardness, Susie wrote that she was inspired to blog by me (imagine?!), and then Jill from Knitterella commented over at Susie's that she was inspired to blog by her - love that. You knitters are amazing.

This book holds a special spot in my heart because I was able to see the unbound mock-up in Spring when Susie and I met up at Lakeside for some knitting and talking - lots of talking, little knitting actually - so I kind of feel like I have gotten to peek at this gorgeous book from creative "gestation" to it's birth - and now the debutante party. I was especially looking forward to meeting Grumpy Old Bear, my gosh, he is a sweet thing in person!

I don't have many babies to knit for right now, but I just love the sweetness that nearly oozes from this book, it almost hurts my teeth it's so...sugar. One can't help the involuntary "awww" as you page through each darling design, one cuter than the next. This book perfectly compliments Itty Bitty Hats - more itty bitty - sweaters, hats, toys - decadence for baby. If you are so blessed to have a yummy, sweet-headed baby in your life, go get one:)

olebear
Grumpy Old Bear in person...

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think you just pushed me over the edge toward buying that book. I love her work. And now I have lots of babies coming soon to knit for. YAY!

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What sweet little knits! You deserve all the accolades you receive!

9:26 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

You certainly did get some awfully good press over at Susan's blog! It looks like a good time was had by all at Lakeside Fibers. I went there for the first time when I was in Madison last month, and I was blown away. What an awesome yarn store! The view from the coffeeshop is amazing, and it's the perfect set-up for shopping with non-yarnies in tow.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

I agree with Tiennie-you do deserve all of the accolades you receive. You are inspiring, Stacey. You have led me to so many patterns and yarn that I otherwise never would have found.

I want to knit with you soon!!!!

6:55 AM  
Blogger mle said...

How cute! I love itty bitty baby things!

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cuteness that is Itty Bitty - oy. I can hardly stand it. The hats book gets constant rotation and now the nursery book....so fun!

Thanks for sharing.

8:30 AM  
Blogger sharon said...

I have to agree - you are really pushing me over the edge towards the book. Between Susan's blog and your review, it is really hard to resist.
you are the queen of enabling!!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

How great to hang out with Susie. You girls Rock! Wish I could hang with you gals in real life :)

P.S. Peaknit, I might as well NOT be on the Firestrater KAL - I don't think I'm ever going to get to it!

5:33 PM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

How great that you got to see all the stuff IRL! I think the 3 little pigs set up is the cutest idea. Can't wait to buy the book myself!

8:39 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

so envious! wish i could have been there! :)

i have to get my hands on that book! it really looks too cute.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Although I have her book signed by her totally thanks to you - but somehow I am pretty envy seeing you being there! wHO KNOWS, MAYBE ONE DAY SOME CROATIAN AUTHOR WILL PUBLISH KNITTING book and I'll be able to go there to stay in line for sign!

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home