Peaknit

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Go Big Red!

belvederepair

These are my finished Belevedere socks - designed for me by Kirsten Kapur of Through the Loops. I've mentioned them before, only now I have a second one. I finished it up last night. (isn't the word finished a wonderful word, like the exhale in a yoga pose, where you settle in and appreciate - ah, finished...)

I really enjoyed this pattern and love these socks. I feel like mine comes pretty close in gauge to Kirsten's. The pattern has a 24 line chart which is a treat to knit, I didn't find myself getting confused or lost - and this is an accomplishment, believe me. I am so pleased to have a pair- and just in time. I wore them today to the UW-Madison men's basketball game, how auspicious - go Big Red, go Bucky!

What a great game - I always have fun people watching and studying the program - once I can name the players, I'm in for the season. Right away, I wanted to offer a vendor money for a pen, I mean - I forgot my pen - I couldn't write my random thoughts - darnit. I'm could be that weirdo with the notebook - jotting whathaveyou's. Afterwards we stopped at the new Anthropologie shop, had to write my scribbles - what a lot of sensory candy there - the textures and colors. Thank gosh I had my pen. Anyone else do this? I'm a little notepad whore just for this reason.
51A72DGR0ML__AA280_
Lastly, life is good. I have been trying savor the little things as I prepare for holiday stress and insanity - so, yoga deserves a second plug today. I finally returned to my organized yoga practice this morning after several months of fearing my back pain - it felt so good, namaste. My teacher was so wonderful, I am sure she added some back opening stretches, just for me... I took a little less strenuous class just to assure that I would not injure myself - good move as my tight hamstrings were screaming. If you are looking for a muscle toning, relaxing (okay, well, not right away - but patience grasshoppa), non-competitive class - please open your mind and schedule to yoga, it is the next best thing - next best to knitting, silly.

21 Comments:

Blogger Gramknits said...

Wow, the socks are wonderful and neon bright. You have to wear them to work so I can see them up close and personal.

7:19 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Love that red, so stunning! What a great pattern, glad you had fun with it.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

Wow, that was quick! They look great. I'm so glad they came in handy for the game.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Auntly H said...

Beautiful!

So happy to hear the yoga went well.

8:20 AM  
Blogger peaknits said...

OMG - and my feet were so warm - love these socks! Thank you Kirsten!

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What beautiful socks - the red is so stunning and cheerful!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good for you for getting back into your yoga. That's really good, centering exercise.

And great socks too!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Diana @ Photodee said...

AWESOME Socks! I hope she offers the pattern on her site! I am totally with you on the pen and notebook thing. You never know when inspiration will strike and you need to write something down....or jot down dimensions for something you are shopping for!

4:02 PM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

Beautiful! I love the red!

When I read that title - I thought you were from Indiana. That's what we've always said in support of IU (Indiana)!

6:48 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Beautiful sock(s)! I love the red, too :)

Yoga was really helpful for me when I was having anxiety related breathing problems... I should get back. It is relaxing!

9:38 AM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

Hi!
Love the cupcake hat on ravelry. Oh those red socks are sooo good. Go Badgers!

I have done yoga many, many times and the stillness is agonizing for my brain, it hurts my racing mind. I know that it would be so good for me. I would love to do yoga in theory but I have decided I am just not that girl. I'll simply remain jealous of you.
susie

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely love the socks! These will go great with Christmas red hehe... Wonderful job as usual:)

11:03 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I forgot to mention that Bucky is my all-time fave mascot, even though I am a Golden Gopher! I even have a 'F*ck em Bucky' t-shirt from high school!!!

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky you! Those are so beautiful and you both did a fantastic job!

8:22 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

those socks look fabulous. great job.
i don't do yoga, i am a pilates girl, but my sister is an instructor and i know all about the benefits. good going. and with knitting....there will be NO stress for you! :)

8:40 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

Great socks! What a great swap partner to have!

Sorta funny about the notebook and pen thing - I can never be without either, but rather than paying attention to the surroundings, I'm organizing dissertation chapters. Which is _much_ less fun!

5:24 PM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

The yoga sounds great...I could use a little zen (as my lil goober climbs up my leg & attacks the keyboard!).

I am waiting with bate.d b
.reath un
til...........
.that sock pattern comes out -- beautiful!!! Spencer is winning, gotta go! lol

9:04 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Amazing socks!

12:23 PM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

Yes I do! I'm always jotting things down in note books. All kinds of ideas - now it I could only get to them all!

Your socks look awesome!

I need to get back into Yoga.

Namaste

1:50 PM  
Blogger hook and needle said...

What delicious socks, I love them... Oh I can not WAIT to bust out my #1 dpns now.

Thanks for the inspiring socks (only mine would be green, go SPARTANS!)

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is the mystery of sock knitting. Seems so difficult with more than two needles. But the results are beau-ti-ful!

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home