Peaknit

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Let's put the "fun" back in dysfunctional! With a cherry on top...

21E97Z4KFWL

"with the exception of Lisa, we were not a hugging people. In terms of emotional comfort it was our belief that no amount of physical contact could match the healing powers of a well-made cocktail..."

I giggled when I heard that. I recently enjoyed several hours of David Sedaris on CD while I drove to meet a friend. My gosh, this dry humored, vocabulary rich book was a fun one - every once in a while, I would bust out laughing in the car - the dysfunction - gosh, is that the Amercican way? Well, it was good fun.

tuttihat2

I finished knitting a cupcake hat from Itty Bitty Nursery by Susan B. Anderson this weekend for my little one. The pictures aren't great - it was dreary out and I interrupted "Ratatouille" for these poses - geez, mom. OMG, it is so cute - I almost don't want her to wear it to school - because what if it does not come home? Reminds me of the commerical where the mom is taking collateral from the kid to take Tupperware to school - kind of the same thing. I need to knit up a "Gladware" equivelent for school, huh?

tuttihat

19 Comments:

Blogger Kirsten said...

David Sedaris is hysterical. Thanks for reminding me. I'll have to have a peak over at audible and see if they have any of his books on audio.

4:38 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

That is one cute cupcake! And David Sedaris is hilarious--listen to 'Me Talk Pretty One Day', you will die.

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So adorable! Cute, Cute, Cute! I haven't heard of Sedaris ever--I'll have to check it out though. I can tell you this though my family was not big on hugging and kissing and passing around the I love yous..... Looking back I wish that we had been. I have changed that with my family:)

6:06 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Love the hat! Thanks for the e-mail...I totally owe you one back :)

8:00 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

What a cutie and the cupcake hat too!

8:17 PM  
Blogger sharon said...

Oh so cute. WOW!
You're little one is sweet!

8:29 PM  
Blogger Auntly H said...

OMG, SHE's so cute!

10:36 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

The cupcake hat is heart-meltingly cute! Love the picot edge detailing on the white part.

David Sedaris is awesome. I need to try listening to his books on tape in the car -- they would make the drive from Chicago to Mpls. seem much shorter, I think.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

That hat is great!! Every time I see you post about Itty Bitty Hats or Itty Bitty Nursery, it reminds me that I NEED to get those. They are just the cutest little things!

And I agree with the Tupperware collateral thing. I hate sending my girls to school with good hand-knits. Even sweaters. I feel like the teachers aren't going to make them wear smocks for art projects and they're going to ruin all my hard work!

8:49 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

Squeee...what a cute cupcake! Thanks for the Sedaris quote, that gave me a good laugh.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Diana @ Photodee said...

That hat is sooo cute! As is your little cupcake! I know how you feel though about not wanting to have it lost! It is not like mittens that you can clip to her jacket (or maybe you can!)!

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute hat!
I love David Sedaris. I used to read his books on the bus when I lived in Chicago and would always end up laughing out loud!

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that hat! Love David Sedaris too!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

That is super cute!!! Love it! and I'm not much of a reader but I did read David Sedaris, "Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim" - I enjoy his humor too :)

3:02 PM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

So gorgeous! I haven't heard of David Sedaris; I'll have to check him out. :)

7:48 PM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

lol...awesome hat!! So cute. :)

10:01 PM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

I am listening to David Sedaris right now on my ipod. It's the book about corduroy, can never remember the title. I love him and his books are even better on audio.

Cute hat, cuter daughter!
Hope you are well.
susie

4:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the hat!

I lived in the same neighborhood as Davis Sedaris - graduated HS with one his sisters. Interesting family, as the whole world now knows!

7:32 AM  
Blogger Marie Adeline said...

Just kawai, You've done such great work
Happy knitting

3:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home