Peaknit

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I don't *heart* those kamikazee freaks

who sneak up and steal your ebay prize at. the. last. second. Okay, I feel better having vented. I had a good bid on a little something to "go with" a secret holiday knit and darnitall if someone didn't rip me off at the last minute - nice. I am taking it far too personally, right? I realized as I was searching for that something to go with my knitted something-something, being thoughtful is time consuming:) You know it is, between knitting things and then finding complimenting prizes. (but also so worth it for special peeps)

After that disappointment I needed a shot in the arm - I admired yarn.

oceanos

Some so soft Malabrigo - for a hat. And after seeing Jared of Brooklyn Tweed's recent version of the Koolhaas in the same - I think I have made a decision for this skein. Maybe it will be next, maybe after the holidays. Even though I do not wear hats - I almost want this one for me - it is a work of art, or architechture.

Along a seperate vein...Photodee has made me think lately with all of her recent thought provoking blog entries...so this is what I came up with today...

I have realized that my word for the day should be "mindful" - to be aware and attentive. This time of year is a good time to slow up and consider this word, consider what it means. To me it means be in the moment. It's pretty overwhelming - packages, wrapping, shopping, baking - wow - easy to let things get a little chaotic and think "I'll pay attention later" - since when don't have time to pay attention? So I know I need to slow down, breathe and find some sweet spots through the day to be attentive to my surroundings...sounds an awful lot like meditation doesn't it. My goal for tomorrow is to be mindful enough to take time to be mindful. I challenge you to do the same *grin*...I'm only think of your mental health. 13 more shopping days til x-mas...ugh.

15 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

I made a Koolhaas in Malabrigo (haven't blogged it yet), and I think it's a good choice for that skein :)

10:18 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

That's some gorgeous Malabrigo! It'll make a fab hat.

Mindfulness and meditation helped me banish migraine so I'm all for both of those though I sometimes forget now that migraine is so far in the past. Thanks for the reminder. :)

3:29 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I love malabrigo! Beautiful color, but I'm partial to blue!
Being mindful can be difficult at this time of the year, for all the reasons that you mentioned. Thanks for the reminder again! I love reding Sheri's RAK reports on her Monday blog! :)

5:17 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I highly recommend the Koolhaas hat, such a great project--I'm on my second one right now! And the Ebay experience you describe is one of the reasons I've started to hate that site, I believe the practice you describe is called 'sniping'. Grrrr...

6:02 AM  
Blogger Cheesehead With Sticks said...

But, can I be "mindful" and still completely in denial that Christmas is only one paycheck away at the same time?

10:46 AM  
Blogger Marisol said...

I'm sooooo with you on the ebay thing! Don't you just have when that happens! Although I have been known to do it myself when I relentlessly want something:)

I love that tone of Malabrigo--but then again I'm a Malabrigo junkie its one of my staple yarns hehe....

Mindful is indeed a good word---wouldn't it be great if everyone appreciated it more though... Sometimes that does not happen and it makes me sad:(

12:41 PM  
Blogger Diana @ Photodee said...

Yeah, I know how that feels with the Ebay bidding. Annoying. I have had similar happenings when limited quantities of yarn are posted in shops and if you can't type your payment info fast enough you get screwed.
Being mindful is a good idea, I just wish you could spread it to everyone else! I will work on me!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

Ohhhh how frustrating I hate it when that happens.... this esnipes service is supposed to be good they bid for you at the last minute.... http://www.esnipe.com/
luv Abby

3:39 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Great post - love the piece about being mindful. Argh on the e-bay experience...you are always such a great gift giver I'm sure the person will be pleased with whatever you can find!

6:38 PM  
Blogger tiennieknits said...

Too funny. I must confess that I might have kamikaze'd by accident once, maybe twice on eBay. Mostly I try to stay away - too addicting!

10:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So much to do before Christmas! A malabrigo Koolhaas will be so nice.

11:32 PM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

That malabrigo is the exact same one that I knitted Foliage out of. It is beautiful and Jared's version is perfect.
Mindfully,
susie

4:26 PM  
Blogger Felicia said...

That Malabrigo looks beautiful :)

11:10 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I just got my first few skeins of malabrigo and I can't wait to cast on for the Koolhaas. I love the color you got and it would be beautiful as that pattern. :)

11:27 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Wow, that's a gorgeous hunk o' yarn! Fiber is the best medicine...

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home