Peaknit

Saturday, December 22, 2007

I'm *not* a loser, baby!

prize

I won a contest over at Purls Just Wanna Have Fun - I left the 999th comment (with pleasure!). I love reading Marisol's adventures - and she has the most enviable stash ever. She posts regular enhancements that make me swoon. For my prize, she sent me some Vesper Sock Yarn (yes, coveted Vesper - wowza!) in Lovie, there could not be a more "Stacey" colorway - a neat felted bag pattern that I had admired on her blog and some home made cookies - I have already dipped into the cookies - so good. What are those teeny ones with red bits - gosh they are fabulous.

vesperlovie

I also recently won a contest over at Knitterella - I have been remiss and have not posted about it before today. I got a whole variety package of her great knitting themes notecards - go buy some. She regularly updates her blog with the most incredible FO's.

Holy generous bloggers - thank you ladies for making my season a little brighter:)

Now, in case you haven't - please check out my little contest (scroll down to the previous post) - tell me about your lovie, the stuffed companions of your childhood. So far, I have been left breathless over the comments I have received - I feel like I am walking right down memory lane with a few of you - such thought, such true love for that bear or lamb. Meanwhile, I have been reading some of the entries in the Dirty Wow-Wow book - some make me giggle, some make me tearful - some delightful story-telling. And remember if you comment before noonish on the 26th there could be some yarn or a copy of the book in it for you:)

Lastly, my thought for the day - I was reading Susie's blog and she has written about "joy", feeling joy in your body - which fits like a glove for me today . I had the best yoga practice - it felt so good to have a quiet moment before the holiday insanity tries to kick in. I imagine yoga to be like "piling sandbags" - preparing for the storm, protecting *the house* (which is me) - I like visuals, yoga is good for that. Anyways, after practice, the small group of us shared some holiday insights - being accountable to yourself, avoiding others' toxicity, remembering the holidays are stressful, but finding time to enjoy some peace and serenity. I hope each and every one of you find a moment to enjoy the silence of the season. Thank you for stopping by and your continued support of my rambling. Bless you all!

7 Comments:

Blogger sharon said...

You deserve every prize you get! You are a great inspiration and friend to fellow bloggers. What were the odds of you getting Lovie Yarn?

4:47 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Marvelous goodies! Have a peaceful and cozy Christmas.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Hey it is interesting that I sent you Lovie from Vesper:) When I put that package together I was focusing on the colorway more than anything knowing that you like pinks and reds hehe... Lo an behold you are having a contest on our favorite Lovie --I am really happy that you liked your goodies and thank you for being such a wonderful blog buddy!

7:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice yarn. I love me some Vesper!

Have a great Christmas!!!

8:06 PM  
Blogger mle said...

Wow, you scored with the Vesper! the colorway is gorgeous!

8:36 AM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

Your blog brings me joy! Have a great holiday.
susie

10:14 AM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

and Bless you Peaknit!

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home