Peaknit

Sunday, December 16, 2007

More holiday knitting, wrapping - and rock and roll

**warning, ADD post ahead...
pileofmitts

I have cranked out a few more Kolenyas - teacher gifts - with one spare in the middle. While leads to my only doubt about using Noro - I really like that middle mitt but the colorway does not really repeat, the next color is green, then orange? I am thinking the mate will look too fraternal. So back to Stitcher's Crossing for another skein so I can make a more compatible pair.

Look at this post over at Bella Dia - what a great collection of free gift tags to print off of the net. How cool someone did all of the leg work compiling the list.

How is your shopping and wrapping coming along? I may have mentioned this before - but wow - the more I get done, it seems the more my list grows - is someone throwing presents on my pile to wrap - what's going on here?

We wrapped up Christmas at the in-laws last night - my sibling-in-laws come from out of State so it makes sense - and it is nice to have a kick-off celebration before getting lost in the confusion of the holiday chaos. We had a great time! My husband and I got Guitar Hero for our Wii from his brother and wife - yes, my husband and I, not for the kids. DH was rocking out like he was a member of Poison today - Talk Dirty to Me (this is what the game actually looks like). Ah, tis the season to be a kid. Aint it great? What an awesome gift - thank you Mike and Joanne - we were tired from our festivities today - but next time you're here - we're having a rock concert at our house, okay? Booze will be provided.

11 Comments:

Blogger jo-na said...

so glad you're having fun with guitar hero! had a great time with your girls dancing with the dancing snowman and camping in the kitchen fort. next time, we rock. :)

10:36 PM  
Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

Hehehe, Kolenyas are great for a quick knit, eh?

5:24 AM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

Wii looks so fun! I have never tried one before. My husband did and he came home with a pulled hamstring from the bowling game!

Your Kolenyas look great! Perfect gift.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

One of my best friends has Guitar Hero-- it's a great game! :)

8:57 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

Guitar Hero is so much fun. After playing at a friend's house, I couldn't get "Slow Ride" out of my head for, like, days.

I know exactly what you mean about the Christmas list getting longer no matter how much you do. What is up with that?!? Good luck with the rest of your list. The mitts look fantastic.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My vacation may not turn into much of a vacay based on my Christmas To-Do list. Oh well! Great Kolenyas! Those are such a good idea for quick knit gifts.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

Hi Peaknit :-) Just want to wish you a wonderful Christmas and New Year. Not sure if I already commented this or just thought to tell you, but we'll be reading Water for Elephants in January for our book club :-) I liked reading your review.
Hugs Denise

6:27 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Loving the Kolenyas. I printed out the pattern myself...but it will have to wait until after Christmas. Everything is piling up.
Yarntini has some new yarn in a colorway called Peaknit at TLE - did you see it? Very pink! :)

9:29 PM  
Blogger tiennieknits said...

Great mitts! We totally love guitar hero, dance dance revolution, karaoke revolution... hmm...maybe we play too many games!

10:34 PM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

Lovely mitts! I have some pretty serious wii guitar heroes at my house, too.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

O.K. those mitts totally rock! Hmmm I may have to give this whole video gamming industry another or a closer look....

That wii gadget looks pretty darn cool. Sounds like its lots of fun for the family!

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home