Peaknit

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Hatmas!

I finished a couple of hats for the holidays - one for my brother-in-law, who went to The Life Aquatic with some movie certificates we gave him a couple of year's ago - so I present the Zissou hat - seems quite fitting, and the fit is quite stunning!

zissou hat for joe

I like how chose to wear it in the gnome-like fashion first - later he flipped up the cuff. Nice.

I also knit another Koolhaas for my sister to gift to someone. I had given her the Koolhaas I had meant to give her for Christmas, for oh, Halloween. I love this hat, love this pattern, I will do it again - only perhaps Ochre Malabrigo will be next. And maybe I will just suck it up and wear the fabulous hat - on my not-meant-for-hat-wearing-head. Some patterns are so cool, I may just have to wear a hat around the house, I am willing to take one for the knit-world team, if you will. And it's worth mentioning that Interweave is offering this pattern separate since the Holiday Knits mag is sold out.

justinkoolhaas

All of this hat knitting has led my husband to ponder, he might even wear a hat. I consider this a victory. So another Zissou in yellow is in the queue. Other hats I have lusted include this Frivol which I first saw and loved over at Yarn Ball Boogie and the Amanda hat - I saw this one at Ravelry being knit by Bockstark - nice, with some seemingly So-Called-Scarf influence.

Now, please do not think I am leaving my comfortable life of sock knitting, I will not forget the security of my relationship with sockenwolle. I just want to fool around with hats for now, (sock) monogamy is so over rated. Hats are so instant gratitifcation - no commitment - they leave me breathless - sounds a lot like a 7-year-itch (without all of the complications of the real thing)...what can I say?

I have two winners for my blog-test, more on that tomorrow!

9 Comments:

Blogger Minerva Turkey said...

I love the blue Koolhaas. It looks amazing. Maybe I need to give this pattern a try.

6:33 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yo thanks for Frivol! And the Koolhaas is stupendous...

7:15 PM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

Thanks for the link to Amanda's hat -- I ripped a so-called-scarf before because I wanted a hat/scarf combo...now I have it! :) And the link to Bockstart...did you see her Digitessas? *drool* She used the same modifications on her firestarters I was trying to get the courage to use, as well. lol

Anywho -- glad to see you made it through the holidays! The hat's look beautiful!

8:10 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Lovely hats there! Yeah, I too have the hat bug, 3 I'm wanting to get OTN soon!

9:44 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I forgot about my love of knitting hats, until I knit one for a Christmas gift. Now it looks as though everything wants to be a hat in my stash....hmmm.....
Seriously love the Zissou hat! :)
Love the red color.....

5:34 AM  
Blogger Gramknits said...

The hats look great. But, what is wrong with your mental image? I think your head looks great in a hat and I get to see it. I also got another plus, being a bit remiss in blog reading, I found a book on your list of favorites that I haven't read. the run away pancake. Now that sounds interesting. Hey, I noticed I keep changing my comments. That is because I must be one of the world's worst spellers and with no spell check I have to change my words to one I can at least guess at. Does anyone else have this problem?

9:19 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

I have to agree with you on hats. I've knit several recently, and I'm surprised at how quick they are (and there's only one!).

2:00 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

The Koolhaas hat is wonderful. I love the blue. I agree that it is such a fun knit. I am so upset that the movers took my copy of Interweave Holidays the other day I wanted to cast on for another one today :) Oh well guess I have to wait a couple months.

3:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You are the first person I've seen that's knitted the Zissou hat! It's totally made my day and it looks great on your BIL :D

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home