Peaknit

Sunday, January 13, 2008

It's Time to Pay It Forward

A while back, Photodee posted this idea on her blog which she had stumbled upon at another blog...well, I had seen this popping up but always seemed to be tuning in a day late, a dollar short - at last, I was able to jump on the bandwagon - and Photodee is still in search of a third taker - so it's never to late!

The idea of Pay It Forward, in case you haven’t already come across it is:
“The idea of the exchange is I will send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment on this blog post requesting to join this PIF exchange. I don’t know what that gift will be yet, and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week, but you will receive it within 365 days, that is my promise! The only thing you have to do in return is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog.”

So, I will make three of you a little something if you are willing to pay it on to someone else. I like the concept - it has "no strings" really - I mean, I hope you follow through but I am expecting nothing in return from you. So for me to pass it on is merely a gift. And the gift I will give you, aside from a token of friendship I will make, is the same opportunity. AND you have 365 days to do it - now think of a reason you can't, I dare ya! hehe

And because every post needs a picture...

crazy_aunt_purl
another quick, charming read - gotta give the author credit for confessing her temporary insanity and finding knitting! You go girl!

9 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

What a wonderful idea! I love the idea behind this, and I'd be happy to pay it forward.

11:44 AM  
Blogger nj2 said...

Pay it forwad is something I grew up with and believe very strongly in yet today. I would be happy to participate.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Yay, I'm #3. I'd love to participate. Oooo, now the fun part....what do I want to make for the three people that I pay it forward too.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

Arrrggghhh...I'm too late. Oh, well...I think I know someone who still has a space left anyway.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Too late! But I love the idea of this. Hmmm.... We'll just have to see...

6:06 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

oh no! I missed my window of opportunity--this time:(

9:20 PM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

darn it! Missed it again…

7:36 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

That's what I get for abstaining from blogstalking on the weekends!

I bought CAP's book over xmas and I still haven't gotten past the first chapter. Too much knitting leaves no time for reading.

6:55 AM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

PIF sounds fun but scarey! I'll watch your progress. I've been holding off on the Crazy Aunt Purl book but maybe it's time, Thanks for the review.

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home