Peaknit

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Random nonesense

I got crazy on New Years Eve day, yes, when I was supposed to be cleaning for company (of course) - and made a batch of Martha Stewart's Marshmallows. I have always been curious. Mine aren't as pretty - but wowza, they are spectacular. After cutting up the sticky mess, I thought "never again". Well, I'm now thinking "again and again". My youngest made the family a batch of holiday hot chocolate mix at daycare, the yummy albeit mishapen vanilla marshmallows are the perfect compliment.

I finally snapped a picture of my Guitar Hero avatar, Izzy Sparks, since he has gotten top billing on more than one of my blog posts - aint he just the cutest flaming thing? Love.

izzysparks

Lastly, my first cast on object of '08 - some plain jane stockinette sockies in Yarntini Cherry Cordial self-striping - yum. I turned the heel on New Year's day - what a nice quick, non-focus kind of project. I was expecting an umpteen hour wait at the OB-GYN today, so I was sure to be prepared. Self-striping yarn baffles me anyways, I mean other than stockinette or a bit of chevron, I feel limited - but I love this colorway, I want to lick it.

yarntinicherrycordial

Now I need to just figure out how to don my new sockies (er, sockie) while sipping some homemade hot chocolate topped with a fancy handmade marshmallow while snuggling with Izzy Sparks (he is the pretty man-friend I wish I had, I mean he could offer some seriously great hair advice). Perfection.

Now to interrupt this perfect little fantasy - it really is all fun and games until someone loses an eye - or damn near. I was walking proudly through the house with my new sock...why is it that the 80 pound golden retriever wouldn't see me coming and maybe sidle out of the way? Oh yes, tripped flat over him, flopped just like a fish (my sister knows just what I mean, right?). Knitting needles in hand, so could've lost an eye or stabbed myself somewhere vital, who'd a thunk knitting was such a rough sport. All I could think on the way down was please do not let my back go out. But all is well - no injuries so far. Just a cautious reminder to watch where you are going with 4 sharp instruments in your hands. Just want you all to learn from my mistake...*wink*

16 Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

Izzy Sparks is divine. So is the cherry cordial sock - yummy, yummy. Sorry you had a fall. Sounds scary. But I'm so glad you didn't hurt yourself.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Auntly H said...

So glad you're ok. Any damage to the dpn's?

7:29 PM  
Blogger Diana @ Photodee said...

You are too funny! Knitting certainly can be dangerous.....I have sat on my projects before.....that is not fun either! Love your Yarntini socks!

7:58 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

I do love izzy...
I'm usually judy.
I think I have every costume in every color for her ;)

and please be careful with the dpns!!
I would hate to see you hurt...
or a sock hurt.
I shudder at the thought ;)

8:12 PM  
Blogger sharon said...

Be careful when you are in fantasy land - you could hurt the real you!! Lovely knitting!

8:54 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Oh no! So glad you are O.K. be careful:) Hey I hear guitar hero is loads of fun... From the looks of it the rumors are true:)

9:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Did you come up with the name Izzy Sparks? Or is that from the game? Either way, I love it. Definitely rocking the David Bowie hair.

10:11 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

oh, i always have fears with my needles. like when i am sitting on the bed reading with my kids and all of a sudden they start wrestling.....i scream....watch the needles!!!! dangerous indeed!
so happy you are fine!
love your socks..........
and i bought stuff today to make marshmallow! so glad you had luck!

10:14 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yikes! Glad you weren't injured. LOVE that simple stockinette sock, btw!

7:29 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

I adore MS's marshmallow recipe and have been making them for 3 or 4 years now for July 4th to use in s'mores. Folks think I'm crazy, folks laugh, UNTIL they taste them. ;) I keep wanting to try some peppermint ones to put in cocoa, yum!

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great avatar! I'm glad you're OK. Ouch.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Ouch, that could have been nasty! Glad you're ok, and hope doggy is fine too.
Love the sock.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Glad you are ok! Great minds must think alike....I started a nice stockinette sock on the New Year as well. Good for the soul! I am glad that no DPN's were hurt in the process either - at least I hope???

3:21 PM  
Blogger UK lass in US said...

I'm awe of you people that knit socks. I have finally finished a stocking, and I don't think that I ever want to try it again!

9:19 PM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

Pretty cherry cordial! Have fun shopping this weekend. Let's make a deal, no back problems for 2008!

7:32 AM  
Blogger Aline said...

Lovely sockie and thank Goodness you are not injured...yikes.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home