Peaknit

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Junoverse!

51JZ4%2BW287L__AA240_

I was completely charmed from beginning to end of the movie Juno. It was positively wraught with teenage angst. The kids were funny, dry and quite honestly, pretty darn bright. They used an excessive amount of clever verbage. Loved every second. It centers around a pregnant 16-year-old who decides to have the child but give it up for adoption - the most selfless act ever. I had to blink back a few tears but overall, the theater was giggling - I can imagine some of the quotes will be coined as a reult of this clever film, possible cult hit in our midst. I must go buy the sweet and folky soundtrack now. It's this years Little Miss Sunshine for me.

Today I had a lovely after Christmas get together with a girlfriend - oh so fun, lots of shopping around - she is a bit of a fashionista, I feel so backwards - she helps me get current. She was the force behind a great pair of new Nine West boots with a nice pointy toe and a great wooly sweater to match the gorgeous earrings she got for me:) I figured I was not mall material when I texted my pal "on bench in front of Banana" (as in Repulic) - she is so understanding of my homebody ways - now, that is a friend. We also enjoyed a great lunch at Flat Top Grill - what a cool experience - you pick the fixings for your own stir fry from a fresh, gorgeous buffet and mix up some personalized sauce (with the help of a adorable little waitress) - they have a drink called a Horny Monkey - we were curious but saved those calories for a decadent dessert later in our journey. She gave me a fabulous, thoughtful potpourri of gifts, one of which is Louisa Harding's book:

51V%2BDsEbkQL__AA240_

It was on my Amazon wish list - yay! Another book filled with Anthopologie-inspired accessories. Which lead to a detour to Anthropologie - they had a lovely sale rack but nothing made it out the door with me - still a bit pricey for my budget - but fun to be vicarious!

Overall it was a great day! But then I had to drive about between 16 - 36 miles per hour all the way home due to horrible fog. I had lots of time to say prayers for the people involved in a 50 car pile up on the interstate just south of Madison - so back to reality for sure. I feel blessed to have enjoyed the company of a wonderful friend.

Have a great week!

17 Comments:

Blogger wiscjennyann said...

Oh, I loved Juno! What a wonderful movie. Can't wait to check out Antrho-- it's my taking the big exam reward!

8:12 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I love good times spent with friends. I found myself at a child's birthday party with my best friend on Friday night. It was good to see her, and nice to spend time together, even if informally. She is also much more stylish than me, even with her three young boys! :) Have a good week!

9:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh good! There are movies that I want to see and then no one likes them. So I'm psyched that you liked Juno. I really want to see it. And I hate spending so much money for a bummer movie!

Sounds like you had a great day. And I'm sure you're more fashionable than you think!

10:51 PM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

I want to see Juno! Little Miss Sunshine is a fav too so I'm glad you mentioned that in your post.

I just got that book too - it's just lovely!

5:29 AM  
Blogger Diana @ Photodee said...

Sounds like you had a totally fun weekend!! Yeah! I loved Juno! We saw it on Saturday! Very well written! That book looks cool.

7:17 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I loved Juno as well. And my friend was on I-90 with two llamas in his trailer for over 4 hours, luckily he wasn't in the accident!!

8:03 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

Sounds like a lovely day with a very nice friend. Well, except for the big, horrible car wreck. I'm glad you're safe though!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Auntly H said...

I loved the movie, too! I think I need to see it again because the set up lines had me laughing so hard I kept missing the witty replies. Applause burst out in the theater at the end of the show before our and the one we saw. The Minnesotans love their "locals." Never mind that Cody Diablo didn't live here long, she did write the screenplay here.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Hmmm that sounds like an intersting movie... I will have to add it to my netflix.

Hey don't you just love the new Louisa Harding book--I just got this from Amazon this weekend. Lot of must knit items in there like the cute hat with the buttons.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

That movie looks wonderful -- and I love Jennifer Garner; I'll have to see if I can see it before it's out of theaters! Isn't it great getting to hang out with good friends? I spent an hour on the phone with one today & it just flew by.

I was going to comment on how I'd just had the chance to see that book at a local knit night as Jill (knitterella) had bought it, but she beat me to it! I might have to add that to my collection; there are some really pretty things in there!

8:14 PM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

I want to see that movie but I will wait until the dvd comes out. Glad it was good. I have to shop today for my trip this weekend, yikes!

Isn't this fog awful, slightly depressing? Take care when you drive for work.

Louisa Harding is the best. On Saturday she is at the book signing right before me, Stacey! I'll try to get a picture to share and I'll try not to scare her with my adoration. You know I love her knitting.

6:21 AM  
Blogger mle said...

Oh I can't wait to see that movie! Glad you had a fun day with your girlfriend!

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must tell all of you that my dear friend is one of the most talented women that I know. She gave me the two of the best christmas gifts this year: 1.) her kindness and friendship and 2.) she knit me a beautiful green hat (ok..that's 3:)!) Love you buddy! Thank you for a fabulous Saturday. Looking forward to many more!

PS: She is DEFINITELY a fashionista :) WE all have our own special way of being one!!!

9:16 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

It sounds like you had a great day out with your friend! It makes me miss my friend M, who is always so great to shop with, and who lives far away now :/

I've heard so many good things about Juno that I really want to see it soon!

4:08 PM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

Thanks again Peanknit. Juno wasn't on my list of "must see" but after your review and the comments of all these great knitters, I'll have to go knit in the dark for a couple of hours!

8:16 PM  
Blogger bobbi said...

loved Juno! loved just loved Little miss sunshine!
i also love Madison, especially state st.

12:02 AM  
Blogger Philigry said...

this looks like a great book. i may have to put it on my list too!

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home