Peaknit

Thursday, January 17, 2008

A cure for what ails ya

gnome

If the day is going to hell in a handbasket...a gnome can never hurt. An Alan Dart Gnome is a real pick me up. I battled the crummy weather home today and my truck met the house a bit on the slide into the garage. arg. Okay, it's not serious - barely a scratch - though if you want to know what color my house is, just look at the rear quarter of my truck...a little buffing will go a long way today. So not a huge deal, but da-yum - give me a break, already. sheesh.

So when I saw my airmail package peeking out - I knew my Bumper Book of Knitting arrived - thank you God *sigh*. First, I saw Susan's gnome and fell in love, then Shannon made one - that one nearly hurts my teeth, it is so sweet. I may just make him to be my "bad day lovie". Or maybe I'll just keep the magazine under my pillow...and a little choxie never hurts.

14 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

So cute! I can't wait to see your version.

I'm about to brave the snow on my way home, too...

4:14 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Oh wow, I'd keep a close eye on those mischief makers if I were you...

5:02 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Super cute! Too bad about the truck:(

6:04 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

This is so adorable it deserves a KAL. But I guess I need a pattern first eh...

6:09 PM  
Blogger Diana @ Photodee said...

Love the gnome! Reminds me a little of the Roaming Gnome from Expedia! Can't wait to see him knit up! Sux about the truck....the weather was icy and snowy here too.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm excited to see how your gnome comes out. I also want to know how difficult/fiddly it is to knit. That's the only thing keeping me away.

How do you like The Red Tent? I have 40 pages to go. I hope you're enjoying it as much as I am.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Minerva Turkey said...

You are going to love knitting this pattern. They are so much fun to make, and the directions are very clear. I cannot wait to see how you like it.

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What cute gnomes! Can't wait to see yours.

11:01 PM  
Blogger Aline said...

Thank you for the gnome links...ahhh so cute! I think I might have to knit one to go with my hedgehog...tsk. Thank God your truck and you are okay! You can still get to the LYS, right?

8:35 AM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

Oh, you have to make the gnome, Stacey. I love my little guy. The tweedy version with the brown beard is so great. I have room to love him too.
Sorry about the sliding, it has been an icy winter for sure. I am glad you are okay.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

Cutest. Gnomes. Ever. Can't wait to see yours!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

I'm never thought a Gnome could be so cute!?!

Can't wait to see what you do!

(sorry about your truck)

8:10 AM  
Blogger Lovemook said...

I think they are cute, but I don't know how I'd feel to have one in my house. I think the fact that I can't see his eyes creep me out. Is that weird? :)

10:03 AM  
Blogger Gramknits said...

I've been lazy and not blog watching. OMG, they are perfect. I have to make one.

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home