Peaknit

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

a little bit of process

so i have no finished objects, just dabbling really. i am probably 2/3 finished with the bainbridge scarf my mom requested. i love the simple broken rib, the yarn is such a rich color, the delicious almost palpable texture - i like the simplicity of it all. but i have nothing finished. so what do you blog about when you are mid-everything...the middle. voila.

bainbridge

the house is entirely quiet. my eldest has holed up with Hannah Montana for some afterschool decompression - both of my girls need their time to chill out - how come us moms rarely get this moment? Last night my DH and each of my DD asked me for something before I shrugged my coat off. There should be a law...anyways...

So, I took this picture of me and my dog in an effort to start documenting me a little - there is a flickr group Pieces of Me which if for just that - the group's founder Photodee, a fabulous photographer, deems it "a journey towards sharing details of your lives in a fun way". I'd like to become a better photographer but also document me a little. so I hope to face the phobia of having my picture taken and just get over it - it's so much easier to be behind the camera. But I think I would like to remember me...now. I'm only me *now* once. And this picture is me *now* - relaxed in the middle of the floor - yep, in the middle again but surrounded by the chaos of dining chairs - sounds about right. namaste.

rugbyandme

14 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

There you are! I'm glad you're branching out :)

The texture on that scarf looks terrific.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Yay! We get to meet the face behind all the Fabulous photos! Great picture and great idea of documenting YOU!

4:54 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

That shade of blue that you're doing the Bainbridge out of is just lovely...

5:08 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Love the scarf and picture. Great to see you!

5:47 PM  
Blogger Lovemook said...

You know, I like the documenting idea. It's true. We need to do that more often. I don't mind when my family, friends or coworkers see my photo, but just having it out there in the www world is kind of creepy. Do you know what I mean? And the whole weight loss thing, I don't really mind the extra cushy on my belly, but I miss wearing my old clothes :) So I'm working on it :) GOOD JOB on facing the "phobia" dear and keep those photos coming. A

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

self portraits are amazingly meaningful--you're going to love this project!

9:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That color is GORGEOUS. I love the teal. Really rich and deep.

11:35 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

Fantastic pic of you and your adorable doggie. The flickr group sounds really interesting and powerful. I'm going to go check it out.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Our lives slip through our fingers so fast, speeding up as we age. Great idea to self-document. I've thought about it as well and took a slew of pics last summer wwhich are sitting unviewed on my hardrive.

I also feel creeped out about having my image out there. I want to be honest online but an anonymous honest. I don't even use my real name since because it's very unique.

That scarf's color and texture are phenomenal. It kinda looks tasty, like blueberry jelly belly.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Aline said...

Hello there! Nice to see you...and your dog...I love dogs.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I know what you mean about being photographed, and having pics of me anywhere is somewhat frigtening....YIKES! I hate having pics taken. But you have a healthy outlook (and have started knitting that great scarf too)!

3:54 PM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

Hey! Great to see a photo of you :) Your doggie looks like a sweetie too!

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great photo!

10:59 PM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

What a wonderful photo of you! :) You make a great point about documenting you how you are now. I may have to take some time to do that -- I think mamas tend to lose themselves in their title sometimes.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home