Peaknit

Saturday, February 02, 2008

a little verklempt...

I thought I had the perfect Rowan Cork in my stash for a Drops Jacket - now I am not sure. The gauge swatch seems to dictate that I need to use the second version - but will I have enough yarn, that is the question. There a few people over at Ravelry who have a skein or two of this discontinued yarn in my shade - I'm so etiquette conscious - do you just ask, hey, can I buy your yarn if I get the ribbing on the sleeve and don't have enough? I think I would be deserpate enough to do this. Or, do I just find a more suitable yarn in a color I will love and buy more yarn for my bulging stash? OMG, the insanity of it all. I think I will throw caution to the wind and just start with my Cork and see what happens. Goodbye dear friend, goodbye caution!

IMG_1693
Yarntini in Cherry Cordial

On a better note, I have some socks. I finished them on the 31st, so in January I got my Yarntini socks on and off of the needles. I'm pleased at their identical appearance, these came from the same egg, baby! I can't say enough how cozy and sproingy Yarntini is. I have ventured off and found many fabulous sock yarns, but this is perhaps my most favorite - well, a close tie with Wollmeise perhaps. Now, again, I may need to buy a sweater to match my new socks.

IMG_1700

Last but not least I wanted to gush, yet again, about Ravelry. I have done some trading this month, in an effort to keep myself contented without actually buying yarn. Look at the spoils...I traded for and got some Sereknitty in Breakfast at Tiffany's - if for the name alone - but blue and brown are a match made in the heavens. And some Yarn Love, this is new to me - but I love this Bayfield Apple colorway. And some Sundara, Tuscan Rose over Lemon - sounds like a wonderful cobbler dessert, and kind of looks like one too. What fun! And I may be negotiating for some Sundara Sport in a smoky colorway. I have wanted to make the Tatami Kimono forever and as soon as I decided, yup - gonna do it - the yarn became unavailable, as in forever...and why didn't I buy that darn pattern for the day I found the destined yarn? doh! Here's hoping someone will come through for me!

14 Comments:

Blogger Gramknits said...

Forget caution Go for it! I love watching all the people who are reading and commenting. I think somewhere there is a new or maybe additional profession out there for you - attached to your blog of course.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Oh no! I hope you do find the right yarn and soon so that you can make your awesome sweater!

Hey those cherry cordial socks are beautiful! Yarntini is the best!

Oh and just how is it that you swap yarn on Ravelry? Those are some amazing new yarns your scored!

4:00 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

The cherry cordial socks are absolutely perfect!! Great job!!

And nice little yarn acquisition to keep the socks coming! So pretty!

4:51 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I love the cherry cordial socks - so perfect for Valentine's Day (and every day).
I would be cautious too about the whole yarn thing, and I would feel a bit funny about approaching someone about trading/buying yarn. How does one go about it? Just PM them?

5:32 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

People send me messages all the time inquiring about skeins in my stash--I just tell them if I have plans for it, and they are very understanding. But frequently I am happy to sell or trade, go for it!

6:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Go for the Cork! I'm sure someone on Ravelry can bail you out as needed.

Great socks. But I'm not surprised when you knit them out of the wonderful yarntini. Yummy!

7:01 PM  
Blogger Minerva Turkey said...

Your cherry socks are fabulous. I love them.

11:33 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

I see no harm in asking because they can always say no. I did run across an "iso destashing" group too so if asking cold makes you nervous then you could start with the group and see if any of their members have the one you need.
http://www.ravelry.com/groups/iso-and-destashing

3:37 AM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

I love that cherry cordial colorway, oh my goodness. What cute socks. That apple colorway of yarn love is just as divine!

8:53 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

I don't think people would be offended if you asked about their extra yarn. You could also find something with similar weight in a matching or contrasting color to do just the edging.

Your Yarntini socks look great! I need to try that yarn.

9:59 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

I agree - go ahead and ask. The worst that can happen is osmeone say's no. I've had people ask me and it doesn't bother me at all and if it is something I'm not going to use - it's nice to get it to someone that will.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

Cherry Cordial socks look schrumptious!

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such pretty socks and yarn! Ravelry rocks!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

Ask, ask, ask!! :) I don't think anyone will mind. Those yarntini socks are seriously awesome. I LOVE the crisp, perfect stripes. Can't wait to see you start that jacket/sweater. :)

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home