Peaknit

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Back to regularly scheduled programming...

fire

Project Spectrum continues

I have turned the second heel on my Stalker socks...I have stopped at a possible error on my Candle Flame shawl and I am debating - Drops Jacket....Twisted Yoke...ah, the colorways are so enticing. I did end up ordering a second La Digitessa kit, if for the yarn alone - I had no will to stop myself, even though I am not certain what either skein will be for sure... AND I found lipstick to match.

The February-March colors are so inspiring, so deep, delicious - berry stained against the white background of our snow covered landscape. Kinda makes my mouth water, as does this...

belgianred
Wisconsin Belgian Red by New Glarus Brewery - 1 lb. of Door County Chrries in each bottle. That was our Valentine's treat. And the best part of V-Day, my husband won me a bobblehead - roses are so impractical - now a Bob and Brian Bobblehead (from 102.9 The HOG)...priceless. I was truly more excited that you can imagine - hopping around the car knowing a bobblehead was going to be on my desk. I nearly wept with joy, ah, a little glimpse into the simple things that bring me great, albeit silly, delight. I hope you can appreciate the Guitar Hero loving glam rock, head banging 80's girl in me. :)

MonthofBobbleCal3b_fpbig

Anyways, DH was caller 29 during no less than a Rush Song, Freewill - and wouldn't you know, we are going to their Snakes and Arrows show during Summerfest this June - we are quite excited, dedicated fans and all. And we have never been to Summerfest - a huge, well-known music festival in Milwaukee - our tickets include entrance to SF for the day - it is a light in the dark of this long winter. So Rush and a bobblehead, fate. I hope your V-Day was as special as mine. *wink*

11 Comments:

Blogger Auntly H said...

what's up with candle flame? can I help?

6:57 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I love your picture collage - beautiful yarn!
Have fun with the bobblehead! :) Hee hee!
What a great time to win a ticket - I love Rush! Reminds me of college days!

7:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats! Great win!

Gives you something to look forward to through all that snow.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

You bought another kit! Weren't you on a diet or something? :)

That wine sounds delicious!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

Congrats -- it's awesome to win stuff (especially stuff you want, lol).

I know it isn't cool like a bobblehead, but my dh once wheedled a Serta Sheep out of his mom for me. 6 years later it still graces the dash of my current vehicle. :D I even take him on road trips with me.

10:04 AM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Hey, that's so cool, we're going to see Rush in June too! We just got tickets to the concert when they come to Philly. I first got into their music when I met my husband. :)

1:24 PM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

Stacey, I don't even know what project spectrum is but that photo set is beautiful, just look at those colors!
I love your ruffle sweater. You are too darn cute. Can you even believe this weather? Too much, enough is enough, the weather gods have already won. I was so happy to get home last night considering the entire city basically shut down. Minneapolis felt like Florida to me.
Take care.

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Glad you had a good time!

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops! I meant, glad you had a good day!

10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky you with the RUSH tickets! I have been to several of their shows in the past....but there probably aren't any tickets left for this one.

11:05 PM  
Blogger Minerva Turkey said...

Oh love collage. I am having so much fun with the Fire Element.

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home