Peaknit

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Digitessa deliciousness...

digitessakit

I got my La Digitessa kit on Monday - what! a! treat! The colorway is so deep and delicious, another shade of lipstick I would like to have. This sock pattern looks so challenging - I am not sure I can wait to cast on the yarn, it is so rich and Project Spectrum perfection! Wouldn't it make a pretty Clapotis? (even though I have a reddish one, I could use a lighter one for spring, no?) I may be thinking crazy here, but I think I may just have to order another kit - just for the yarn, since I won't need a second pattern. But in addition to the fabulous yarn and professional pattern...there was a sweet teeny little Toblerone and then another little celephane goodie bag with little tags, a tiny little pipecleaner-y chick and some chocolate eggs. Yarnissima sends the best presents, like it was just for me. Such care goes into each packge, I'm speechless - so thankfully I won't have to say a thing while I login and order myself another decadent gift *wee* - like buying yourself flowers, eh? I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but the fantasy is good for now. ahhh. nice.

digitessa

Then I got some Noro sock yarn from an ebay seller too - the price was very fair and I am so curious. I used the same colorway #95 in Kureyon to make myself my first and favorite-est mittens years ago from Barb Galeska's Felted Knits. I wear these mittens nearly everyday, everyone in my office recognizes them as mine - and a chihuahua stole one and ran off with it at a home visit the other day - I chased that little sucker around the couch to get it back - hell no was he having my mitten. Then I made a Booga bag (just like the one featured on the pattern page) for my blogless friend in our Mitt Kit Swap using it - and I am just in love - so socks seem a natural progression.

norosock

Um, and lastly, eek! '08 is the year of the sweater - you'll see soon! I have seamed. Apparently it is the year of Noro as well, not to give anything away:)

p.s. this yarn was purchased during the window between the end of Stashuary, em, January and lent - so I'm still good...til I get the next Digitessa...

18 Comments:

Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

That is a pretty Noro color! Some of the Noro colorways are a bit technicolor for me, but I like that one -- those mittens rock!

Digitessa....oh...I'm so jealous you bought the entire kit! Let me know if you get the second kit (not that I want to be an enabler or anything... lol), maybe we can work out a trade for that extra pattern...wouldn't want it to go to waste or anything... ;)

8:10 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

That's my fave Noro color way as well, love those mittens!

9:15 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

I ordered the Digitessa pattern too! (with a PayPal balance from destashing) It looks wonderful-- I can't wait to get mine :)

10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool mitts! Those socks are going to be gorgeous!

11:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That Wollmeise yarn is gorgeous! Perfect red. Those are going to be amazing socks.

11:52 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I'm a bit intimidated by any of Yarnissima's patterns. I'm not that skilled yet in my knitting. You'll be fine though! I know it!
I've stayed away from the Noro sock yarn because I'm afraid of putting it on my feet???itchy????
But the colors are just way too beautiful to ignore! :)

5:36 AM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Digitessa - love it!!!If I finish two of my sweaters, that's my treat...now to just finish the sweaters. And that's a Noro color I do like (obviously because my bag is excellent!).

5:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No yarn during Lent?

7:39 AM  
Blogger Aline said...

Happy Valentine's Day! You have good taste in yummy yarn. All of us really enjoyed the lovely stories in the book you sent me. Smile.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

That's a gorgeous colorway. A lady at Knit night used that one and a coordinating one to make this interlac scarf and it looked like every square was made from a different color! I got some Noro to give that a try but in the blue colorways. Hmmmm, I may have to go shopping again after seeing yours!

11:17 AM  
Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

Wow, have fun with La Digitessa!

Are you decking yourself out totally with Noro?

12:22 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Amazing new Sock kit from Yarnissima! Love the color its very rich indeed!

Hey I was looking at that Noro yarn last night at Noe Knit in SF they had a 3 year anniverssary celebration and I looked but did not buy too much! I was proud of myself!

1:09 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Lovely goodies! Oh, that Wollmeise yarn is just so beautiful.

Happy Valentine's Day.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

I love that noro colorway too. I have used that a lot. Oh, that beautiful red yarn...I have to have some of that at some point or I can just keep living through you.

Hey, did you get the mitten kit from Hello Yarn? I didn't even try, that was quite a story.

Can't wait to see the sweater!

5:25 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

Oh, that sock yarn is gorgeous. The pattern looks amazing, too. Your center square hat came out great! I'm super impressed with your score of the kimono pattern and sundara yarn to go with it. Nice finds!

6:24 PM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Awesome yarns! My first mittens were made from Noro...and I just got some of the sock yarn too...let's see who knits it up first, you or me?! ;) I'm anxious to see what it's like.

8:23 PM  
Blogger knittingma said...

Oh, I've been eye-drooling over that Digitessa kit for a while now. *Love* that gorgeous yarn color. I'm anxious to see how the socks come out!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

"I may be thinking crazy here, but I think I may just have to order another kit - just for the yarn"

I am so glad you said it first because I am so regretting my yarn choice and am suffering from so much wollmeise envy that I have become sorta fixated on this thought for some time now.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home