Peaknit

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Punk Rock Gift Exchange Questionnaire

1. Why did you join PRGE?

It sounds like fun, the rules sound strict - which is reassuring after being completely abandoned on a recent swap - and I like rules anyways:) Plus it sounds fun, I'm a closet headbanger - so any "rock" related swap is intriguing.

2. What are your five favorite things? (these don't have to be knit related)

Alone time, my kids' giggles, the Springtime breeze (thank god it is rumored to come back soon), fountain soda and taking the stairs.

3. What are your three favorite things that you have made with knitting/crochet?

A Clapotis out of Noro Silk Garden, two Koolhaas hats and several pairs of socks that stand out...the Dahlia pattern, the Yarntini Jaywalkers, Embossed Leaves...I also like some of things I have felted - what a neat process.

4. What five things would you love to see in a swap box someday?

Wow, this is a tricky one, I am usually pretty excited just to see the package. I would love to a see a new indie sock yarn I haven't tried, or a knitting book like Cat Bordhi's latest or perhaps a fiction book you've read and enjoyed, something handknit or sewn for me, gummi candy, a funky pen, something local to your area - like a postcard or whatever.


5. What are your three favorite yarns? What are your three least favorite yarns?

Favorites include Wollmeise, omg Wollmeise...Yarntini and Sundara. I am a fan of sock yarn in general and am always looking for a new one to try. So many cool indie dyers out there! I also love handspuns.

Least Favorites include fun fur or pretty much any novelty yarn.

6. What are your five favorite delicacies?

Cadbury mini-egg candies, gummi bears or gummi anything...any novelty candy or local things.

7. What are your three favorite guilty pleasures?

American Idol, I confess. Guitar Hero (my guy has the best hair) and reading or knitting wherever and whenever I can.

8. What are the five things you look forward to every week?

The TV show LOST, ordering out on the weekend, new yarn coming in the mail, yoga class and reading a new book. Oh, and Friday.

9. What do you collect?

I collect yarn...oops. I also like to get sheep when I see them, stationary, stickers, little notebooks, greeting cards.

10. When is your birthday?

May 17

11. Do you have any wishlists?

No

12. Do you have any allergies or health related conditions that your pal should know about?

Nope

13. What do you do for work and what do you do for fun?

I work in law enforcement, which can be fun and interesting. I like to read, walk and go to yoga when I am not knitting. I also like to sew, go to the movie theater and play board games. I also like to stamp and scrapbook but this has been squashed by my knitting time. I like to craft with my girls - ages 2 and 7 - when I can get them to sit down.

14. What would you like your pal to know that is not covered here?

I look forward to also getting to know you - I love getting e-mails and creating new friendships. I have developed some neat relationships via swaps or blogging - such a world of knitting support out there. I don't personally know a lot of knitters, so I really do rely on my blogland friends for inspiration and help - and they deliver. Can't wait to know you.

Oh, and I am peaknit over at Ravelry too.

Rock on!

noro sock
...and because every post should have a picture *giggle* this is my Noro sock so far - cruising along on my stockinette, the fabric is weird, the jury is out whether it is "weird good" or "weird-weird".

I also have Scout Swag to show but I'll try to be patient until more people have theirs - trust me - the BEST one yet!

11 Comments:

Blogger Hilary said...

I vote for weird-good! Of course, I have no idea how the sock feels, but boy is it pretty!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

Another vote for weird-good! Love those socks. Gotta get me some quick.
I love reading those answers about you. You are a good (not weird-good) one!

5:32 PM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

We could seriously hang together and have a good time! I kept reading and saying, "Me, too".
I'm thinking the sock will be weird bad. I used to love Noro but I'm just not that into it anymore. I have no desire to try this yarn, but if go with good I'll have to go shopping because you've never picked a good yarn I didn't like.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

Those socks are so pretty!! I love the colors.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:55 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Sorry, major typo.
Too funny - I loved growing up in the 80's, and I love to when people write about it in their blogs or even this kind of survey, I love that they play 80's music on the radio at 8:00pm, and that my kids sometimes watch me shout the lyrics at the top of my lungs to one my old favorites!
And let's not forget the 80's hair!
Nice socks!

4:56 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

I'm interested in trying the Noro sock too. Can't wait to hear if you think it's "weird good" or "weird-weird".

9:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope weird good. But even if it's weird- weird, the colors are great!

12:00 PM  
Blogger Risa said...

Oh man, Cadbury mini-eggs are so terribly irresistible. I have a bag of them on my desk right now...

1:48 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Rock On - Sister! I love Rock too:) One of these days I am just going to have to fly out there so that we can knit 2 Tog:)

How could anyone abandone you? You know its happened to me too--Don't you just hate that!

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*poke!*

-prge pal

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home