Peaknit

Thursday, April 17, 2008

More goodies

poison

Wow - the week has been long, tiring, a plain drag - but the mail has been delightful! I traded Wollmeise with the Knitting Bandit - my Fratello for her Wild Thing Poison #5 - a great trade - but she snuck in a bunch of wonderful surprises on me - what a pick me up, bloggers are so darn nice. She sent along a book to read (I'm doing great on the 52 books self-challenge!), a bag of gummies - only 4 Weight Watchers Points if you're counting;), some cool pattern tamers and some chart tape - I haven't tried either of those last two things, so I am thrilled to add them to my knitting bag! The generosity was touching. Thank you!

banditgoodies

Generally, I am thinking Michigan bloggers are just nice, cool people. I mean you have The Plucky Knitter (who has a new online shop), Cinnamonamon, The Knitting Bandit of course, flint knits (I think), Knitterella and Knittingma - I know I am missing many, but recently I have run into a lot of nice MI peeps. There are great bloggers everywhere of course, I have just had a rash of really nice contacts with MI and wanted to shout out.

I also got a couple other great packages...

wollmeise
this probably needs little explanation - Lowenzahn, Mitternacht and Miss May.

And the first installment of the Woolgirl Sock Club - what a treat.
april woolgirl

Gorgeous yarn from Mama Llama inspired by Georgia O'Keefe, notecards, a cool bag, a stitch marker and a great pattern - it's a great start!

I hope to have an actual project to show soon, I have been a slacker knitter this week - I have been fiercely dragging this week - change of weather? bad night sleep? could it be staying up until midnight reading on a work night is a bad idea? good grief.

14 Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

What gorgeous goodies. Acquiring so much lovely knitting potential is often a really good substitute for actual knitting.

8:39 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Good stuff!!! There's nonthing that can help a bad week like mail and yarn :) Hopefully the weekend is kinder to you.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

You are too sweet! And that is some seriously yummy yarn you have there. :)

9:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How'd you score more Wollmeise?!?! Lucky you!

Michigan is a very nice place. Being a native Michigander myself, I have to agree that it's full of nice people! ;)

11:19 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Awww - thanks! Back at ya... from across Lake Michigan.

: )

That is some seriously lovely swag you've acquired this week. Enjoy!

5:43 AM  
Blogger Veronique said...

I agree with you about the kindness of Michiganders! (My best friend is from Detroit).
Drooling over the Wollmeise...

11:02 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

Oooh lots of lovely yummy yarn to feast my eyes on for the weekend :)
I want to visit Michigan now!
Have a super Friday

11:08 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

YEAH on the Wollmeise! I also belong to Woolgirl sock club, and it is by far, my fave, as Jen is so great at the whole thing! I am discovering the world of Georgia O-Keefe!
I have the same problem with reading late at night. Too bad work interferes with my wants/desires! :) HA! HA!

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful yarn that should keep you knitting one gorgeous project after the next! And how does one purchase Wollmeise? It's like some underground secret...

2:38 PM  
Blogger Jennie said...

wowzaaz, gorgeous items. :)

1:11 AM  
Blogger knittingma said...

What lovely mail you've gotten! Of course the Wollmeise is amazing, but that swap package is so nice, as is the Woolgirl club package. Lucky lady!

And thanks so much for the shout out! You're such a sweetheart. :)

8:50 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

That yarn could cure anything, probably. Lucky you! J E A L O U S = me.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

WOLLEMEISE!!!! How in the heck did you manage it? You have won the lotto:)

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty!

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home