Peaknit

Monday, April 14, 2008

You really know how to spoil a gal!

The day was on target to be a real crummy one - a blamer, whining, cry baby client made me want to scream. I do not deal well with criminal offenders who blame me for their problems - I don't even get it, ugh. Anyways - I came home to a great mail day - I mean awesome!

I am in the Punk Rock Gift Exchange and today I found out my partner is Lindsay of Storm Moon Knits. She put together the most awesome package - included was some gorgeous yarn from an indie dyer Sanguine Gryphon.

prgeyarn

Also some cool stitch markers made by Lindsay herself - she has her own shop here. Look at this pretty Crocodile Rock yarn. yum!

prgemarkers

But wait, that's not all - she also sent me a book I have been pining for, yummy gummies - sour and not, (the sour patch kids are already half gone between me and my girls) and some gorgeous notecards.

prgegoodies

I'm breathless after all of those goodies - thank you Lindsay!! And in case my international prge pal - who I don't think has gotten my package yet - wants to play the contest...the song I'm thinking of today is Red Barchetta by Rush. Not punk - but kind of hard rock.

I also got another super surprise - but more on that later, I need time to admire my spoils, what a great day! Thank you!

13 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Lucky girl - that yarn is fabulous! And those stitch markers - I love cobalt blue! :)
I'm glad your day turned out better than you originally expected!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Lovely goodies! Isn't it funny how a thoughtful parcel can totally turn your day around.

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice! I'm so glad your day turned around so nicely. Blamers and whiner stink!

9:02 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Oh I personally would have ripped into that bag of gummy bears and inhaled all of them!

9:09 PM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Awesome gift! The color of that yarn up top is gorgeous...so pretty.

What a nice ending to a not so nice day. :)

9:35 PM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

Oh Wow! That's so great mail! (lucky girl!)

6:11 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Yummy, gummy candy and yarn and books! A perfect ending to a notso perfect day.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Don't you just love good mail days?

3:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can't wait to hear what you think of that book! It's on my wish list at the moment too.

Great package! Doesn't yarn and goodies in the mail just make your day!

5:01 PM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

Fabulous! You are one lucky girl.

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your goodies!

10:16 PM  
Blogger Aline said...

Sounds like you are living the life! Enjoy!

6:08 PM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

What a great "pick-me-up" treat! :) It's great when those little (or not so little!) gifts come on stressful days. :)

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home