Peaknit

Friday, April 04, 2008

awwww...

Isn't this precious?

sockswap

It is the little sock from my pal in the Wee Sock Swap - what a wonderful low-committment swap - and fun! Just a sock, that's all! And a teeny tiny one besides. I think my pal also must have also hand stamped the card - it is gorgeous! Thank you, Donna!

ittysockies

I decided to send the Wollmeise Johannisbeer and Brennessel sockie (on the right) to my mate in Tennesee...the one I sent was tinier, to fit the blocker key chain. Why didn't I put a quarter in there for size comparison? Hind sight - you know what they say. I have the spare Yarntini Pure Breeze one in my ofice, an attempt at "Spring Inspiration" - note to self: self-striping sock really does not lend itself to a wee sock. More like self stripe(s), as in two. Kind of gave me a *chuckle* anyways

Isn't the word *chuckle* just wonderful verbage? I imagine a belly laugh, laughing til you cry, having a private joke with a BFF - tee hee. I also like the word *bozo*, omg, I giggled just typing it - makes me laugh for some reason. Almost peed my pants once while walking with a friend and she uttered that word... *bozo*. So, do any of you have words that make you feel some strange, stong emotion? Am I just having a case of the TGIF sillies? I think I am simply intoxicated with the sun - an unobstructed sun today - walk-outside-without-a-bulky-jacket-sun, I really think this could be Spring. shhh, don't tell.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your post made me giggle. I love words. One of my all-time favorites is "ennui," hence my blog name. I used to carry around a list of words I like in a notebook. I recently came across it, and it was suggested that I may just be some sort of nerd. I immediately dismissed the notion.

I keep thinking that someday I may take all of my leftover sock yarn and make wee socks. Someday...

8:04 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

First, I love the wee socks. However on earth did I miss this swap?

Second.... your post gave me a chuckle. Thank you!

This side of the lake - it's suppose to be in the 60's tomorrow. The 60's!! Can you imagine? Here's hoping your side is equally warm tomorrow.

Happy weekend!!!

8:05 PM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Hee! Itty bitty socks. :) They just make me smile. And I got a chuckle out of your comment about the "self stripe" (singular) mini sock...hee!

I had a funny conversation with a coworker about the word "kerfuffle"...that one makes me laugh to say! I actually used it in a normal conversation and got a raised eyebrow in response. heh. So now I think that's one of my favorite words. :)

8:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cute mini socks! I guess you're right about self striping though. It still looks good but less of what you wanted I suspect.

I like persnickety. It's one of those sounds like the definition words.

1:25 AM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

We are so desperate around here, in Madison, for spring. I love seeing everyone in shorts and t-shirts when it hits 50 degrees. Today is supposed to be beautiful.

Have a good weekend.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

Those are very cute, I like yours on the little key chains. I can't think of any words that make me laugh, but I did get a chuckle out of your 'bozo' :-)

8:41 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I'm a bit behind in my blog reading, so here's my words that make me chuckle.....
I like the word, "albeit" - and love to hear people try to pronounce it, if they've never seen it before it. The same goes with "omnipotent." That one makes me chuckle, because you can see the reader sometimes blush when they see it! It's so close to the "other" word like it!

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home