Peaknit

Saturday, May 03, 2008

7 random things and **Plucky Classics Spoiler**

I was recently tagged for 7 random things by Skinny Bitch Knits - and though I have posted some random things before, it's been awhile - so forgive me if I am being repetitive.

1. I swallow gum - bubble gum. I just chew it up and the slippery texture makes me want to swallow it - so I do it without one thought about it being in my tummy for 7 years. BTW, you will not blow bubbles out of your bottom either - wives tale.

2. I have a cat that I told my husband I found by the side of the road in a batch of kittens which thankfully my co-workers adopted - actually - I found him in a box in the lunchroom, with the rest of his posse. But my co-workers did adopt his siblings... (I did tell my husband the truth later the night I brought him home, I have no endurance for lies)
bigguy

3. I drive too fast and get scored every morning from two other early bird co-workers on how I fast, yet technical, I pull in to the lot - I have even bowed on occasion. I work with law-enforcement, which is probably lucky for me. (I come in at 6:30 am - no people are wandering in the lot yet.)

4. I grew up a tomboy - all the way - didn't wear a skirt until highschool. I am glad my youngest daughter appears to be headed on the same path - mostly because I don't understand drama queens - like my oldest daughter:)

5. I became a Weight Watchers life time member in 1996. Lost the 25 pounds I gained in college and totally swear by the program. I usually do my own WW bootcamp around my birthday each year to stick close to my goal weight. Once you can know what you are eating, you start to think in terms of "points" - really helps to keep you mindful.

6. If I am not good at something, I tend to want to quit. I don't think I am a poor sport - more like a perfectionist when it comes to doing things. Wish I could project some of these to keeping my house organized...any ideas?

7. I have hitchhiker's thumbs. How's that for random?

Now for the sock club news...I got my Plucky Classics installment - Captain Wentworth - based on a character from Jane Austen's Persuasion. I need to get to the library. I love that the premise is literary - because I love to read (though not always worthy literature) - having just started my 21st book of the year, 31 more to meet my 52 book goal for the year.

pluckyclub2

pluckyclub

I think the second picture may be a more accurate representation of the colorway - but what you can't tell from the photos is how soft it is - omg, the softest yarn ever. It would be so cozy for a cowl close to your face. But which one??

Look at this new pattern for a fingering weight Renaissance Palm cowl - gratis from The Plucky Knitter - pretty!

13 Comments:

Blogger Aline said...

Hi ya! The birdies are adorable. Just like my kids...always starvin'. I lovvvve Def leppard. It has been sooo long that I was happy when I saw them, but I know what you mean..it was shocking!:) I have the hitchhiker thumb too! I did not know this about me. hee hee.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I wouldn't have guessed you were such a speed demon! I tend to drive like a little old lady around Chicago's busy streets -- someone's always doing something really dumb. But once I'm out on the highway... pedal to the metal. I refused to drive my husband's little Corolla b/c it didn't have enough pick-up.

Sarah at the Plucky Knitter is so awesome. :-)

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, the Hitchhiker's thumbs totally cracked me up! Like you, I tend not to like things I can't do well. In fact, I'll totally rip something out and start over from scratch if I find a mistake or am not satisfied. Then I pout! Great yarn!

1:10 PM  
Blogger knittingma said...

I have hitchhiker's thumb, too! Ha!

I'm also a perfectionist when it comes to learning new things. Hence, I have a nearly-new acoustic guitar just sitting in our bedroom collecting dust. I really want to learn to play, but I just can't get the strum patterns down. And I get frustrated when they don't "just come naturally."

Pretty, pretty yarn! Yes, I think it should be a lovely cowl. :)

2:08 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

I got my Captain W. too and because I know it would take me forever to read the novel I've rented the movie from Blockbuster :-) The color in the second pic on your blog looks very light to me,so the first pic looks more true to color!
Now the big question.... what shall I knit with him? And when will I knit it?
Have a super weekend.
Love the 7 facts btw, and seriously, just the thought of swallowing gum scares me!!

2:34 PM  
Blogger SSK* said...

I was looking out my window today and on top of one of the pillars on my front porch is a nest with a mama bird feeding her babies. Since it's up high, I could only see the babies stretched and open mouths.... and I thought of you and your birds. I love spring.

Happy knitting!
Joan

10:22 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I have Hitchhiker Thumbs too! And, I must confess, I, too, am a bit (ok, alot) of a lead foot. Which is bad now that I have a daugther who is starting to drive.... must be responsible. Oy.

So glad you like the yarn!

10:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Geez, I don't have a hitchhikers thumb, and now I kinda feel left out...

Actually the whole reason for my commenting is the Jane Austin connection - I just watched the 1996 (?) edition of Emma with Gweneth Paltrow, and although I was appalled at the mores of the day (I guess that's kind of the point, no?) it was beautifully shot. Don't know how it compares to the novel. Purists would probably lambast it. But it's a good watch.

Plus: oh, my, Mr. Knightly.

12:23 AM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

Gorgeous yarn! Love the subtle blues. I confess I am a lead foot too although no one but my husband would believe it because I am such a Nervous Nelly when anyone else is driving!

11:42 AM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Pretty!

7:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

HAHA! I'm so glad you said that about the town boy thing. I have such a fear that I'm going to have girly girl, ballerina, pink, drama girls when we decide to have kids. Not that it's bad, I just won't relate too well!

And I'm banned from golfing with my husband because I'm such a poor sport. oops!

8:55 PM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Persusasion is my favorite Austen book - I just had to stop myself from expounding on it for paragraph on paragraph - that the yarn is fabulous. Captain Frederick Wentworth is justly honored.

I'm a little freaked by the thumb. Maybe a lot. :-P

10:47 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

I love Persuasion so much I lost the ability to proofread and my comment makes no sense. Ach!

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home