Peaknit

Sunday, April 27, 2008

the briefest bit of mojo

After feeling like such an unfocused loser yesterday - I managed to finish off all three things I was manic about...

I finished my Chickadee Cowl - omg, it is so thick and cozy. I am still hoping for Spring, but just in case...

IMG_2100

I tried to pose with it on, but me, myself and I were struggling with self timer...

Next up - I finished a Tesserae sock, singular - yep - just one. I don't think I can face the other one just yet. Dontcha love the texture?

tesstexture

I don't think it is as awesome on a foot, but still a nice sock, the texture just disappers into my foot. The Woolen Rabbit yarn - fabulous - would definitely like more of this!

I think the Tesserae brings my sock singles to a grand total of...4 or maybe 5. My rationale for moving on is that I have all summer to work on my socks for fall - as if. Anyone else having this single sock problem? Is there some medication I could get?

And lastly, I tied up a second Mason Dixon Washcloth - I love those bobbles - but I didn't really love the cotton. I find I love the texture and fabric of cotton, but it is so hard on my hands, unforgiving almost.

masoncloths

I came, I knit, I conquered.

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am completely smitten with that Tessrae sock. It's so beautiful. I am quite certain you will muster the enthusiasm to do a second. I may need to jump on the cowl bandwagon soon too...

5:48 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Good looking cowl!!

6:23 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Chicakdee- it's adorable on you!!!!!!

6:26 PM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

I have the same SSS issue. I don't know what the cure is, but I do know that new sock yarn only makes it worse!

You look adorable in your Chickadee!!

7:01 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Love that cowl, and sadly you might be needing it tomorrow!

8:30 PM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

I agree...cotton, while practical in many regards, can definitely be a little less than fun to knit with.

Love love love the cowl!!! It looks SO cozy...too bad it's springtime! ;)

8:45 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I really love the cowl! Beautiful colors! THe dishclothes look so bright and springy, but sometimes that cotton can be unforgiving...I totally agree!
And the sock is also lovely! I've been avoiding my socks, so that the same as SSS isn't it?

4:51 AM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

Your Chicakdee Cowl is awesome! I'm totally going to do one - just waiting for my yarn from Plucky :)

Great sock and washcloths too!

7:54 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Love the socks!! I also love the cowl, I have been debating, but the colorway is beautiful!! What is it? Or did I miss that? Thanks for sharing!!
Suzanne

8:40 AM  
Blogger Wannabe said...

Yummy knits Stacey! You know I love that Chickadee!

9:59 AM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

wowoowow!!
you really know how to take your knitting by the horns!!!
love the cowl.
and the sock.
and yes. even the washcloth. and i feel the same about cotton.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Ella said...

You know, I am having a hard knitting time too. Just... unmotivated lately. But seeing you get your stuff done is inspiring... so I think I'm going home at lunch to knit. :D

Your knit items are wonderful - especially that cowl... And if you need a reason to wear it, come visit us. There's a chance of snow on Thursday! :O

12:21 PM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

That cowl is gorgeous. The color, the texture. Yum.

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your projects are lovely! Great cowl!

2:51 PM  
Blogger mle said...

the cowl came out GREAT! I love the colors!

7:14 PM  
Blogger Auntly H said...

rock on!

8:46 PM  
Blogger Kedek said...

Funny you mention that about the cotton. I just knit up same baby booties and a hat using Mission Falls cotton and my right hand was killing me the whole time.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well done! I LOVE the Tessrae sock. The texture is really nice. So glad you showed me that. Maybe it's next on my list.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

Hmmm, the sock does lose some of it's "umpfh" when on, huh? Bummer. I admire you for being able to be happy with only knitting one sock then moving on. :) I'm currently wearing my mis-matched socks, but I made them that way...maybe you could find other patterns you liked that looked good with your other singles?

I almost forgot! Love the pics of you -- what gorgeous hair you have!! :)

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home