Peaknit

Saturday, May 10, 2008

My PRGE pal rocks again!

prge

Lindsay of Storm Moon Knits spoiled me again! She sent me two skeins of sock yarn!

First a skein that she dyed herself, I'm so flattered to get handmade things - she is a great indie dyer, the depth of colors is more amazing in person...the richness reminds me of Wollmeise.
storrmmoonknits
What Dreams May Come by Storm Moon Knits

And then a skein by Neighborhood Fiber Company - it is a bit reminiscent of Jitterbug to me - I love purple, the colorway is gorgeous! I had just seen this yarn somewhere and added to my "gotta have it" list - how auspicious to find it in my mailbox! The colorway is named after a neighborhood in Washington DC - it is super sproingy (the yarn, not the neighborhood, as far as I know).
neighborhood
Adams Morgan by Neighborfood Fiber Co.

Other goodies included some great notecards (knitted zombies are quite hilarious) and a perfect little cake of soap in the shape of a sheep - from the Maryland Sheep and Wool Show - so I was there - if entirely vicariously!

May is a great month for me - between Mother's Day and my birthday I feel like a bit of a Rock Star (which reminds me - I beat all of the songs at Medium on Guitar Hero...*blush*) - and then I had a great swap partner, am hearing rumors of goodies being put in the mail to me from blogfriends, I won a contest (didn't I recently report I didn't have luck - oh, but this is my month - haha!), and - don't quote me - but it looks as though spring may have sprung at last - omg, I wish it were May all year!;)

psst - I am knitting away on a second sock - omg, your read that right - a second sock! More on that later!

14 Comments:

Blogger Aline said...

So happy for you! How does a gal get sent so many beautiful things by knitters anyway? Sign me up!

2:05 PM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

You're really raking it in! I love that Storm Moon Knits yarn. I'll have to meander on over there and check out their site!

5:01 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

WOW - very pretty yarn! Lucky girl!
I love May too - it happens to be my birthday month as well! I think the leaves on the trees must know that my birthday is near, because they seem to come out in full bloom before my birthday. It's so beautiful!
PS - try Dancing Leaf. You won't be disappointed!

8:11 PM  
Blogger Jill L said...

OMG -- they're awesome. Lucky gal!

8:36 PM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

You have the best yarn, hands down.
Happy Mother's Day.

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those colors are beautiful. I'm glad you're having an awesome May. Happy Mother's Day!

7:13 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

That's some very snazzy swag - how fun!

Shhhh. I think spring might be here in Michigan too....let's not scare it away.

Have a fantastic day!

9:04 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Adams-Morgan is a very, very sproingy neighborhood in fact!! Hope you enjoy your new swag.

10:29 AM  
Blogger yarntini said...

Happy Mother's Day!! Yea! to getting lots of fun goodies :)!

1:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So, so, so gorgeous!

1:30 AM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Lovely swap package! Oh my gosh I hope I didn't miss your Birthday...

You will have to let us know when the big day is:)

I just saw that Yarntini is offering some lovely new yarn in your color way! Man I will have to keep my eyes open for that one --It looks really pretty in many shades of pink:)

1:25 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

You got some nice swag! I recently made socks (and, ahem, panties) out of Neighborhood Fiber Co. and I LOVED it. SO sproingy. I love the colorway of yours...and my husband used to live in Adams Morgan!

2:09 PM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

What gorgeous yarns! And love the little sheep soap...too cute!

8:55 PM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Awesome swag, and awesome on the Guitar Hero! Rock on!

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home