Peaknit

Monday, May 19, 2008

Eye Candy

helloyarnroving

Oh my, it's hello yarn roving - delicious - and I can't really even spin - doh!

marzipanfatsock

And because I don't spin - some hello yarn fat sock in Marzipan. The colors are so fun - and I think it is gender nuetral enough for a baby surprise jacket for a boy or a girl. That would mean however, that I figured out knitting a BSJ. As luck would have it, I took off of work today to relax post-birthday with my intention being to read and watch Atonement On Demand - no kids, no DH, no interruptions - ah, but the cable went out - doh! Yes, I could have driven to the video store, but momentum was lost. So a day at home without TV or internet - egads. *giggle* I watched a DVD that teaches the BSJ - so I am a little farther on that puzzling project - kind of fun really.

Anyways, in addition to a little knitting, I got a ton of yard work done - I found it strangely fulfilling to dig around in the dirt. However, this is where the story gets weird - stick with me. I was weeding away when I heard a swarm of locusts or something - I looked up - no kidding - 10 squirrels were charging at me. I was imaging a sad end for myself - they were within feet of me, standing around the flowerbed chirping at me - wtf? Thankfully they continued on their way after a brief standoff. I must be a squirrel whisperer - seriously.

squirrels

*I took this picture from another site - it's the training camp I am imagining my crazy squirrels are working out to fight the power!

26 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Kris said...

How did you score some Hello Yarn? I never manage to do it! I think I even signed up for the list!
I own "Atonement"- would send it to you if you want!

7:38 PM  
Blogger mle said...

Wheww! sounds like you had a close call! LOL! how funny!

8:23 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Ok. Now that's funny! Squirrel whisperer.

That yarn will make an adorable BSJ!

8:44 PM  
Blogger Hunny said...

Why are they hanging from string? Do they have a routine? you could make money off squirrels like that!!

9:15 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Oh that Marzipan is so lovely!!

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the heck is with the squirrels??

9:23 PM  
Blogger Ella said...

The yarn is lovely... but I'm with Tiennie on the squirrels - what the heck!?

10:06 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Aww I love the new yarn and roving you just scored!!! I just learned how to spin a couple of weeks ago and now I am totally addicted(mind you I don't think that it will replace my love for knitting but it is a close second) You should learn. I think that you will enjoy it too, and just think of all the lovely roving stash you could have :)
Glad the squirrels didn't eat you.

11:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dude, do you have those squirrel bungee things? Or are those ninja squirrels? :)

11:27 PM  
Blogger bockstark.knits said...

I think a wheel is in your future! :) And if not, if you need someone to spin it up for you, let me know! I've been dying to get my hands on some hello yarn roving! How did you do it? Gorgeous colors and OMG, what is up with the squirrels?

2:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty yarn/roving.

I remember my dear old grandmother telling me, and I quote, "Squirrels are crazy bastards!" Hmmmm.... she may have been right!

7:07 AM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

That yarn is awesome! WOW! Love the bright colors.

What a funny thing. What the heck are those squirrels doing!?

8:57 AM  
Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

OMG! The squirrels crack me up!

Yeah, get a wheel...or give me the rovings. :-p LOL

9:00 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

that's the BEST, funniest action squirrel photo i've seen in my life.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What are those squirrels doing?!?!?! They are crazy, ninja squirrels!

2:35 PM  
Blogger Minerva Turkey said...

Squirrels are very odd creatures indeed. The ones around here have no fear of humans. In fact, I think they enjoy bullying humans! :)

It's a good thing they are so cute.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Yummy yarn, hilarious squirrels :-)

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny, but just ready your post about hitchhiker's thumb. Must be hereditary, I have it too. (On both hands! And I think we can both touch our tongues to our nose! God bless stupid body tricks!)

10:46 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

that yarn is so fun! i love the colors!
i think those squirrels where probably telling you to stop weeding and go inside and knit! :)

7:21 AM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Oh my gosh what beautiful sock yarn! Too bad about the cable --Atonement is must see movie:) But hey the BSJ video I am sure was a good improvisation on your part:)

Great Training camp photo!

1:03 PM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

That yarn is scrumptious! One lucky baby out there. I can't imagine how people actually figured out EZ's newsletter patterns back in the day. Her writing is so opaque.

The squirrels? That seems crazy pet trick worth. Get a video of that!

3:07 PM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

I can't seem to type a whit without 20 typos. Please forgive...

3:08 PM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

Phew! I am glad you are okay, with the crazy squirrel attack and all. Scary.

I just caught up with your blog. Happy birthday and that picture of pictures-omg-that is gorgeous. I got my first hello yarn yarn, too! Wow. I love your marzipan color. I want you to learn to spin and then teach me:) Seriously.

6:35 AM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

I'm in total shock that we almost lost you to a rabid squirrel attack. I heard there was a rough gang of them roaming the gardens of Wisconsin. You are a true backyard warrior.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

That hello yarn is delicious. :)

1:58 AM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Yikes on the squirrels...they sure can make an irritating noise too!

Love that yarn, I think it would be a great gender-neutral baby sweater!

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home