Peaknit

Monday, June 16, 2008

mojito mojo and some fancy test knitting

lemons

I have recently discovered the mojito and well, I need to share the recipe. It actually came with my Mint Mojito Yarntini for the sock club last summer - so I need to credit Jessie for this find. I got some "Kentucky" mint from the farmer's market to stick in my herb garden and darnit, life is good. What a fresh, yummy drink.

Minot Mojito
a few sprigs of mint crushed with 1/2 of a lime's worth of juice at the bottom of a glass
Then add 4 teaspoons of fine sugar (I used regular ole sugar)
1.5 oz of light rum (stir it up and fill the glass with ice
top it off with club soda and a couple more mint sprigs.

mmm, so good.

On another vein, I have had the privilege of test knitting for the Yarnissima. Someone was unable to keep with it, so I got to join up a little later in the knit, and I must admit - this is such a thinking knit, that it has been slow going. It is tricky to carve out sit-be-quiet-concentrate time, this is just not a regular commodity, as you surely can relate. But I present the first bit of *ravelry link*Zum Dirndl (I love the way the word rolls off the tongue...dirn--dl)...

zumdirndl

It is such a clever design, as always. I am mid-gusset for now - if you haven't had the interesting pleasure of tackling a Yarnissima gusset and heel, it is truly unique, like watching a caterpillar turn into a butterfly. In keeping with my Yarntini theme, I am using some Yarntini red semi-solid - it so gorgeous and great to work with.

I have previously completed one Firestarter, this was a good "cut your teeth" pattern for this technique. I don't typically like toe-ups but for Yarnissima, I would start at the heel if she asked.

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a pretty sock design. Your stitches are so neat and even. It almost makes me want to knit socks.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Ella said...

You know, I just can't get behind the mojito. I've tried and tried... different places, different recipes... it just doesn't do it for me. Maybe if I try tequila.

Your sock is lovely - I love that pattern. And the color! Lovely lovely!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Mmmm....mojitos....thanks for the recipe! I kind of want one right now. :)

Great sock, too!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Marisol said...

How gorgeous you sock is! I love the red and the detail of the pattern!

Hey Mojito's are one of my all time favorite drinks. My sister as a matter of a fact makes real good ones. I will ask for the recipe to see if its the same. If not I will send it to you:)

1:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You lucky test knitter! Her designs are awesome. But I'm a little scared of them too. They look like they would just be so complicated. Although, the end result would be completely worth it.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Aline said...

What a clever post! My reaction to the magnificent sock was worth seeing. Cheers!

3:20 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Mmm, Mojitos are good :)

Pretty sock! Lucky you getting to try a Yarnissima pattern early!

4:09 PM  
Blogger raining sheep said...

Beautiful socks, love the color. The pattern is actually stunning. BTW, thanks for the Mojito recipe...I love mojitos, had them when we were in Vegas and always wanted a recipe.

4:41 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Wow wow wow to that gorgeous sock pattern! Great job! I'm hoping to tackle my first Yarnissima pattern in this month's RSC kit!

8:02 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Check you out, Ms. Testknitter!! What a cool opportunity. And you know I am all about the mojito:)

7:15 AM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

oh mojitos! how i love mojitos!!!
and the sock is gorgeous. lovely pattern.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

Lookin' good. I must admit I feel some relief that I missed out on the test knit. I tried to join and was bummed when I was toolate but as I followed the Ravelry group I thought, "Whew, that was a close one...looks like stress!"

8:18 PM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

Wow! I'm so jealous -- test knitting for yarnissima! lol

10:34 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Can I have your autograph? Test knitting for YARNISSIMA? WOW! That's an honor! Her patterns are SO lovely, but like Nell, I'm a bit intimidated. Maybe the Firestarter to begin? What do you recommend?
And a lovely color of red yarn! Love the Yarntini!

9:11 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Complex indeed, but stunning!!!

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! How fun to get to do some test knitting - and of a Yarnissima pattern!

1:09 AM  
Blogger Melissa Goodsell said...

I love the socks, such a gorgeous colour. The recipe sounds fabulous too!

6:28 AM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

Test knitting, so cool. It is a beautiful sock so far.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Those are lovely. And the name is a tongue twister for me. LOL.

9:14 AM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Mmm, yummy...and I mean both the drink and the sock! :)

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home