Peaknit

Monday, June 23, 2008

better days and a Sundara Spolier

summer fun
waterballoons + freezie pops = Monday success

I think it was a week ago today I wondered right here why I had signed up for parenthood. Today this mama feels a little redeemed. I was more prepared to play myself and that always makes the time we spend more fun, not because I am just so much fun, but I feel like a parent playing along keeps things moving and cooperative. If I leave my girls to their own devices, hairpulling and yelling often ensues, and somedays I just don't have the energy. So I would say that today evened up the score for now - kids = 1, mom = 1. Next Monday will be the rubber match.

I'm continuing to drag along on my Yarnissima test knit - yikes I feel like a bit of a late bloomer here. I need to get focused. This week really lacked knit time. I usually knit after the girls are in bed or in the car - well, I think we had something going on every night - I hope this week is a bit quieter for so many reasons, knitting of course being one. Sanity is a close second.

Last up let me show you my Seasons installment from Sundara. I chose the winter season - I am not disappointed, I don't think Sundara ever comes up with anything ugly, not ever. Maybe "less fabulous", but never ugly. 1000 yards of lace weight. Eek, lace, I know. But is awful perfect for the current Project Spectrum element, and couldn't you see an Ene? *ravelry link* (so could I, which led me through my darned house looking for Scarf Style - do you think I can find it? doh!) Or what about a Lily of the Valley? (Holy "nupps" Batman!)

junesundara
granite falls silk laceweight

Take care knitting friends!

21 Comments:

Blogger cbknits80 said...

Yummy lace!! let it marinate for awhile, you'll find the perfect project. You'll finish those socks.

4:22 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Glad you're in a better frame of mind:)

4:40 PM  
Blogger sheepish one said...

grr blogger just erased my comment!!!
i totally get where you're coming from. i used to think that my kids would play better without me in the mix, but i often find the opposite is true, although more tiring.
i hope you win again next monday.
and yes, that laceweight is perfect for project spectrum!

6:27 PM  
Blogger sharon said...

Oh the Ene in that yarn would be gorgeous. I've got the book - do you need to borrow it?

7:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That yarn would be lovely as Ene.

What could go wrong with freezie pops and water balloons???

7:35 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Oh goodness! That is just gorgeous! Despite it being laceweight...hehehehe!

Those munchkins sure look pretty happy!

11:48 PM  
Blogger Minerva Turkey said...

Great colorway for Sundara as always. I am so bummed that I passed up the club this time. :(

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that lace is beautiful. I'm happy that things are on the upswing.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Hurray for better days! I'm just thrilled with the Sundara laceweight, too. Such a beautiful color -- I found it very difficult to capture it in a photograph.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Yay! Glad to hear yesterday was a success.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Being a mom is hard work. We just had a morning melt down about the shorts.
I actually think the Sundara yarn has a bit of a blue sheen from my screen. Lace kinda scares me too, but I'm joining a KAL on TLE, and am hoping to conquer that fear!

5:19 AM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

Wishing you a week of less stress and more knitting!

Great photo collage

6:15 AM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

Oooh, gray seems to be making it big lately, right?

Your girls are adorable and that looked like a good summer day. yay.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Jill L said...

glad your'e having some better parenting times.love the lace. I would just pet (and/or sniff) it for a while and you'll find the perfect project.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

I'm glad that things are looking up. That's some gorgeous yarn, and it would make a really wearable goes-with-everything shawl!

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a gorgeous colorway! Just so you know, Sundara herself knitted Ene and doesn't recommend it. I might though - it's such a pretty shawl!

10:16 PM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Scrumptious. So many projects so little time.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Ally Jay said...

Sun and fun are always a good combination.

1:44 AM  
Blogger Bianca said...

What a gorgeous yarn you have there!

4:28 AM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

I'm so glad you had a better week! I hear you on the playing with kids, thing. I find that everyone is so much happier when I spend time with them first and give them a good start. Then I'm able to sneak off a bit here & there to get other things done.

...I'm sure the freezy pops didn't hurt, either... ;)

12:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Sundara is BEAUTIFUL! *sigh* I've never had any Sundara, but it's on my must have list. She needs to update her website!

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home