Peaknit

Sunday, June 29, 2008

web wanderings and a birthday shout

A fun and interesting meme I found over at Minerva Turkey. Wowza, I was amazined at how long I could surf around on Flickr - there is some amazing stuff over there, what a time sucker. Luckily, I woke up at 4am last Saturday and accidentally carved out the time for a little flickr frivolity.

Here's how it works:
Type your answer to each of the questions into Flickr Search.
Pick an image from the first page of hits (don't cheat)
Copy and paste each of the URLs for the images into fd’s mosaic maker

1. What is your first name?
2. What is your favorite food?
3. What high school did you go to?
4. What is your favorite color?
5. Who is your celebrity crush?
6. Favorite drink?
7. Dream vacation?
8. Favorite dessert?
9. What you want to be when you grow up?
10. What do you love most in life?
11. One Word to describe you.
12. Your flickr name.


all about me

I was pretty excited by the final product - the colors are delicious.

Another fun thing I am going to take up on is the Tour De France KAL - I was involved in this last year. It is so fitting as my husband works at Trek and um, a huge poster of Lance is hanging on our basement wall. This year it coincides with my husband building me an awesome road bike - I am a little excited - not "spinning wheel excited" but excited nonetheless. A little nervous really.

Last up is a Happy Birthday for my little Tutti - she is a whole 3. Personality plus, this girl! She didn't nickname herself Tutti Devil for nuthin. She has given me a run for my money since she came out of the womb, but she is that girl that says "I love ya, mama" out of the blue - so it all balances out.

birthday girl2

17 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Tutti!!!! Keep giving your mom a hard time. It keeps her young!

Gorgeous photos!!!

11:43 PM  
Blogger sheepish one said...

just echoing your birthday shout. happy birthday, tutti. all of the festivity photos at flickr are a hoot.

my husband would kill to work at trek. he had a GORGEOUS trek a number of years back that was stolen from our apartment. it was the impetus we needed to move the hell out that s#@thole... but he's still not replaced it with another trek.

we'll be following the tour on TV. saturday's the big day. i think the hubby has lost a little interest since armstrong retired. we'll see how it goes. good luck with your KAL.

12:30 AM  
Blogger bockstark.knits said...

look at that devilish smile! she is adorable!

1:11 AM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

How precious is she?!!?!! Happy happy birthday!!

And I love the mosaic! I agree, I got sucked in to Flickr for quite awhile doing this meme!

2:19 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

You know, that devilish smile is so cute though, and I loved it when they still called me, "Mama."
Happy Birthday, Tutti!

My hubby and I both own Treks.....my Trek was my graduation gift from nursing school - so it's pretty old, but still going strong!

5:07 AM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Happy Birthday Tutti!! Love the flickr mosaic.

7:14 AM  
Blogger mle said...

Awww, happy birthday to your little one! she's too cute!

I remember the days when I used to road bike....I miss it. Hopefully, I'll get back to it some day. I hope there is less scandal in the Tour this year.

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, look at those dimples! Happy Birthday, Cutie Pie!

9:57 AM  
Blogger knittingma said...

Happy Birthday to Tutti! She is super cute.

I like your mosaic, too. Really fun. :)

10:02 AM  
Blogger Ella said...

Good heavens. Those dimples? With those eyes? Who COULD resist?

Happy birthday Tutti!

10:13 AM  
Blogger Jill L said...

Love the mosiac -- happy birthday to your lil devil!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Happy Happy Birthday Tutti! You are lovely:) and hope you had an amazing birthday.

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to her!! SO cute!

4:19 PM  
Blogger Auntly H said...

Happy Birthday, Tutti!

Peaknits: which team and which jersey are you going for? I'm on Garmin-Chipotle, going for green this year...

9:15 PM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Happy B'day Tutti!

Hubba hubba Duchovny!

10:03 AM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

What a fun meme! I had to laugh when I saw DD on there...he was my celebrity crush too back in college days! Funny.

Your little girl is precious. :)

10:21 PM  
Blogger soknitpicky said...

Oh, she's beautiful! Happy birthday!

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home