Peaknit

Monday, July 28, 2008

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

I have a couple of winners from my blogerversary contest - The first winner to receive the Mama Blue Trifle Troika Sport is...Nell from Chicken Knits! And the Plucky Knitter goes to Suzanne of 4 the Loves of. Congrats girls! Bear with me a second - I found it interesting that Nell, who lives in CA, won the yarn that I got from Mama Blue in CA and Suzanne, from MI won the yarn I got from The Plucky Knitter in MI - but wait, Nell also hails from MI - anyways, a bit a coincidence that I found. And have you seen Nell's new spinning wheel? Her mother was a spinner...so new to her with such a special connection - can't wait to see what Chicken Spins!

I also want to share the itty bitty bit of progress I have made on my February Ladies Sweater...good thing I am coasting in a yellow jersey for the TDF KAL.

fls

My husband was traveling for work all week and I thought I would have a plethura of knitting time - well, what was I thinking? I guess having an extra set of eyes is more helpful than I thought. I spent later evenings feeling more pressure to keep on top of the housework and pack lunches rather than knit - I ran a tight ship, it went smooth - but my knitting was lonely...and so was I:)

22 Comments:

Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

Congratulations to the winners, how fun!

Winner, winner, chicken dinner...that's so good:)

8:48 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

The FLS is sure looking good!

8:51 AM  
Blogger bockstark.knits said...

Love the color of your FLS!

9:01 AM  
Blogger cbarnwolf said...

Doing it on you own is easier in some respects and harder in others.

Your sweater is such a pretty color.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Wannabe said...

Totally love it.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Can I just tell you how excited I am. I never win anything!! Yeah!! Thank you so much, and I look forward to getting that lucious yarn. Thank you again!! ( I already sent you an email)
Suzanne

11:08 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Congrats to Nell and Suzanne!

Your FLS is coming along very nicely.

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the winners! Your sweater is looking fabulous!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Congrats to the winners! Hehe..darn, here I was thinking there were free chicken dinners ;)

FLS is lovely! Great colorway!

6:29 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Your sweater is looking great. Don't worry about thinking you'd have knit more by now-- we all do that :)

6:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yay!!!! I love being a wiener!!!

Psst- Crown Mountain farms is having a sale on roving until the end of July. The new spinner MAY have placed an order...

I the FLS is coming along nicely! I still just love that peacock color.

11:00 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Yay for the winners!! And love how your february sweater is turning out!

1:42 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Lovely sweater! The color is just gorgeous. Congrats to the winners....those are some lovely prizes! :)

Isn't it amazing how hard it is to find some part of our busy day to do something we love?

5:17 AM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

Congrats winners!

Your FLS is looking great! Love the color :)

8:02 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Your sweater is looking great! Love that color...

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your sweater is looking beautiful.

5:12 PM  
Blogger knittingma said...

I agree--the color of that sweater is amazing! :)

PS. "Blue Rowan Cotton"... does this mean you could be knitting something for my little one? Yaaay!

7:12 PM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

Beautiful color and pattern! It's Knit Night this Friday at The Sow's Ear. You coming?

8:17 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Stacey - your FLS is turning out lovely!

8:28 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Love your FLS, such a great color!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I just got my skein of yarn, and its beautiful!! Thanks again for your contest!
Suzanne

1:51 PM  
Blogger Gramknits said...

It looks better all the time.

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home