Peaknit

Friday, July 04, 2008

When the going gets tough...

The tough buy yarn... Yup, works everytime *wink wink*.

Mama Blue is the most delightful seller, and her product is so fabulous. I custom ordered this trio and once she notified me they were ready, they were in my grubby little hands within two days. Then I see she's knitting some beautiful socks, and now I think I will have have to have some of her Troika sportweight. Do you hear the call of the Siren? Did you peek over at those socks? Something about a picot edge just tickles me.

mamabluetrio
brassiere, bramble, pesto Mama Blue Simple Merino

Thank you for the kind support and empathy on my last post - I am back knitting my Loksins (soooo close to having a pair) - but I am continuing the stand off with the project that was frustrating me. We are circling one another, sizing each other up right now. Who will win the next round? I'll keep you posted.

11 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Oh honey I am powerless to resist the lure of the picot edge, I love it!!

1:03 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Lovely! that Troika yarn is tempting me! Good thing I can't spend and $$ on yarn right now:) Works every time to avert a temptation.... well for a little while anyway;)

1:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Retail therapy is the best therapy!

3:24 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I love the picot edge too! The yarn you bought is gorgeous! YUM!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

Sigh, that yarn is soooo, gorgeous!

8:57 PM  
Blogger knittingma said...

That yarn is so gorgeous. I've been looking at Mama Blue's shop lately--inspired by you to experience the yarny goodness. I'll have to wait another few months (still have that camera challenge with my husband), but after that, I'm all about some lovely Mama Blue!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Auntly H said...

yummy yarn! and that pattern is gorgeous, but now that le Tour has started, I must remain faithful to Notre Dame....

10:47 AM  
Blogger Jill L said...

nothing wrong with retail therapy!

11:12 AM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Oh those are gorgeous gorgeous colors!! I must try to resist! But how cute is that sock she is knitting too!

10:06 PM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

Wonderful and congrats on those socks. They look like an accomplishment.

Gorgeous yarn, too.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

Ooooooohhhh, purdy! I love the yarn. And, congrats on your 2 year anniversary.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home