Peaknit

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

it's here! and memememe!!

lendrum

Meet my Lendrum DT...unnamed, unused - this is it for now. I will just gaze at her in wonder. I'll share something when (and if) I have something to share:)

Meanwhile I was over at two knits of ivory , Morticcia had this little memory lane meme...I couldn't help it.

Who was your first prom date?
Travis, a wonderful friend - he wanted to be more than friends, but shucks - he was so darn nice - we had the most fun being silly. I occasionally see him, and it just makes my day.

Do you still talk to your first love?
nope - however, I do run into his sister occasionally who is compelled to fill me on on what's going on with him and his family - I think she tells him what I am up to also - so vicariously, maybe.

What was your first alcoholic drink? I'm going to guess Sun Country Wine Cooler out of the 2-liter bottle - am I dating myself? hee hee

What was your first job for pay?
Frosty's Frozen Custard - it was such good fun. The boss's son now owns the place and we share giggles occasionally - he remembers when I dumped a full mop bucket over at closing time - it comes up everytime I see him, ineveitably. I called him some expletives because he laughed at me in 1987!

What was your first car?
1982 Buick Skylark - two toned, dark blue on the bottom, ecru on the top - the tires squealed like a mo fo - that's what I would have said at 18. I got a humongous speeing ticket in it, I'd had my license 2 weeks. The District Attorney gave me a break (as much as he could, seriously, 36 miles over - eep - the speedometer really didn't work, but come on...) - I now work with that DA pretty regularly as part of my job - weird.

Who was the first person to text you today?
My sister - she is the Queen of the texts in the family - she's just a girl compared to me:)

Who is the first person you thought of this morning?
My grandma - who is doing awesome post-surgery. Thank you so much for your prayers and kind words!

Who was your first grade teacher?
Mrs. Strom in Fort Atkinson, WI - she let me bring the Kiss Destroyer album cover for show and tell - that's a coool lady.

Where did you go on your first ride on an airplane?
Florida, on my honeymoon.

Who was your first best friend and are you still friends?
Tammi - we met the first day of kindergarten. I wouldn't call us "friends" anymore - we exchange holiday cards now.

What was your first sport played?Softball my freshman year - I stayed with it until I was a senior - I was not Varsity material - I thought it was a "game" and didn't get all sad when we lost - didn't jive with the rest of the gals...

Who was the first person you talked to this morning?
My husband...

Whose wedding were you first in?
Tammi's - maybe we were closer 14 years ago, huh?:) But I did always wonder why I was in it.

What was the first thing you did this morning?
Woke up thankful my grandma is doing well.

What was the first concert you went to?
AC/DC Blow up Your Video in 1988 with my friend (and prom date) Travis - at the Coliseum in MAdison, WI - omg, it rocked! The guy next to me got busted for pot in the parking lot - I was such a good girl, he scared me. Now I supervise people like him - poetic, huh? And seriously, I have learned pot isn't the worst crime in the world, unfortunately.

What was your first tattoo or piercing?
I got my ears pierced in 6th grade.

What was your first run in with the law?
I hid under a manure spreader at a party that was raided when I was in 10th grade - mind you, I hadn't drank a drop - but aforesaid first boyfriend had - so we hid for an hour. By the way - I was the ONLY kid at the party who got grounded - My mom had to pick me and dragged me by the hood to the cops to find out what was going on - I was grounded for "not calling when the alcohol came out". Hence why I was such a good kid - I had no choice!:) (okay, okay, I made some bad choices now and then...)

Who was your first roommate?
Other than my sister - My first unknown roommate in college bailed before we got started - not sure what happened, so a highschool peer who was looking to get out of the house, and happened to be going to UW-Whitewater moved in. BIGGEST mistake - she was awful - her boyfriend stayed all the time and got mad when I would be up typing homework - hello, my room too!

Where did you go in your first limo ride?
From church to my wedding reception:)

With that - I wish you all good night! Thank you again for your kind words about my grandma - Everything went so well - she is a champ! I knit so much in the hospital, it is the first time I went to bed with a sore wrist. I am 1/2 into a sleeve in my February Ladies Sweater - and think the damn thing is going to be too small - so here's to some serious blocking...my mom is littler than me, and said "oh, my favorite color" - maybe her wish will come true - doh!:0

21 Comments:

Blogger Marisol said...

Very nice! Good for you:) Now lets see some handspun:)

9:10 PM  
Blogger leah said...

I liked your meme! it led to some cute stories! Good luck with the wheel! Can't wait to see the results!

9:47 PM  
Blogger bockstark.knits said...

now start spinning!!! :) who cares if you do it right or not!

12:36 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Whoa, have fun with your new toy!! And 'Destroyer'? That is too damn funny!

6:25 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Are we separated at birth? LOL.

What a gorgeous, fabulous, picaresque wheel! You must be sooo thrilled. I can't wait to pick up some BFL at the next fiber festival and try it out.

Can't wait to see your first hand spun.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Have fun spinning! Great news about your grandma.

Love the stories, too. 36 over?!? Wow! And the party getting busted?

7:25 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

Beautiful wheel! Happy to heard that all is well with Grandma.

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so glad your "Gramma" is doing well. How exciting - a new venture. I can't wait to see what you do with it. Your meme was very well done. I think this is one I actually like! As for the sweater, just think, you get to make another!

8:34 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

I'm so glad to hear that your grandma is doing well and I LOVED your memory lane meme! Congrats on the spinning wheel, too!

9:47 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Beautiful wheel! I stare in awe....
I love the "water" of project spectrum....all of my favorites!
Glad to hear that your grandma is doing well!

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoop! whoop!!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

OoooEeee! The wheel she is a beauty!!!!! Congratulations!

4:53 PM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

Love the meme...and the wheel (must...look...away...!). So glad your gramma is doing so well! :)

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool meme! Have fun with your new toy!

1:52 AM  
Blogger Micki said...

You will love the Lendrum! It can do pretty much everything, so no worries about outgrowing it. Can't wait to see your spinning!

5:03 AM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

Wine cooler from a 2-liter, Kiss Destroyer, hiding under a manure spreader, a knitter and now a spinner…

I have to say, you ROCK in every way, Peaknit.

I want to party with YOU!!! ;D

6:50 AM  
Blogger knittingma said...

Lovely, gorgeous wheel. Of course, I know nothing about wheels, but I think it's pretty anyway. :)

Fun meme, too! I was definitely a goody-goody, as well. :) Can't wait to see your handspun!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Ami said...

I am sooo excited for you! I hope you love spinning :)

3:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So glad to hear your grandma is doing well! That's wonderful news!!!!

Love the lendrum. And I love hearing more about you!

12:11 AM  
Blogger Ella said...

Love the wheel - how exciting for you! Love the meme stories too... manure spreader - HAHA! I work with a couple of those....

10:01 AM  
Blogger wiscjennyann said...

OMG, that's so exciting! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

(I'm so itching for a wheel of my own... developed a scheme where I "pay myself" for destashing! Each knitted/crocheted item has a price and for each project completed from stash I get that much toward my wheel! And of course, I lose money for each yarn/fiber purchase... Hopefully I'll be joining you in the land of handspun soon!)

Congrats!

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home