Peaknit

Sunday, October 12, 2008

triangle tribulation

shetland3
Shetland Triangle in Beach Fog Dream In Color Smooshy

She's done - this darn shawl is done. I'm so glad. I modified it slightly, adding two lace repeats to account for the fingering weight yarn - I think that was the end for me. I am the kind of person that if I have a day scheduled off of work for any reason and my plans fall through - I cannot go into work - can't. I am convinced that I wasn't going - period. The same apparently rings true for lace repeats - when I had done the number the pattern called for, I felt I should be done. I found myself resenting the extra two repeats - can you imagine? I cursed those repeats - but at last I cast off and blocked her today. I think she is pretty - I have been toiling away this week on those stinking extra repeats so I could pack it up for my trip - I plan to wear her with my dress for a wedding this weekend. I will be glad to be wrapped up in my own little knit. I will have a drink with her (heck, I may have three), we'll dance, we'll walk in the sand. We'll make up, I'm sure of it.

shawl
here she is with the dress, a perfect marriage...pun intended, wa, wa, wa

I have also been bestowed with some very sweet blog treats lately.

iloveyourblogaward

Marisol of Purls Just wanna Have Fun honored me with "I love your Blog" and Morticcia of Two Knits of Ivory gave me a:

brillante2

I am touched - and need to return the favor. I read many good blogs - many. You knitters are pretty awesome. A teeny offering of my favorites (other than the two sweeties that nominated me) are:

ADD Knitter
Friend to Knit With (I made her recommended cinnamon cookie recipe today - omg)
Tiennie Knits
SourCherries - amazing handspun
We do not have a knitting problem
Through the Loops - go check out the Mystery KAL

There are so many more wonderful blogs out there - I could go on, if I weren't struggling with my husband's Mac - I get my laptop back tomorrow - yay!

Last up - a little spoiler - Sundara's Seasons Collection in Autumn and Winter - they happened to coordinate perfectly with my new Real Simple Magazine...check it out.

24 Comments:

Blogger Kirsten said...

Thank you!! The feeling is mutual.

That is a list that I am proud to have my blog be a part of, some of my favorites are there as well.

7:21 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Pretty - it matches your dress perfectly, I was wondering what that material was.

8:08 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Perfect marriage indeed...that shawl is just gorgeous!! You'll look fabulous at the wedding!!

Right back atcha with the love!! I heart your blog too :) And weren't those Sundara sock yarn colors gorgeous!!

8:32 PM  
Blogger Trisha said...

Wow, gorgeous shawl!

11:07 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

The shawl looks fabulous, we need to see a modeled shot ;-)

8:49 AM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

OMGosh, Stacy! That shawl is absolutely beautiful! Have a wonderful time at the wedding!

9:55 AM  
Blogger Wannabe said...

OMG Stace! That's GORGEOUS!

12:06 PM  
Blogger mle said...

Oh my! I love that color Beach Fog color! You will look so fabulous in it at the wedding! Have fun!

3:11 PM  
Blogger Ella said...

She is lovely! Have a wonderful time at the wedding!

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so gorgeous!

Thank you thank you thank you! You have a blog that I love too. Congratulations on your award as well!

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is really beautiful. You did such a good job with it. Mine is a woeful babushka! Have a great time at the wedding. I'm off to check out the two blogs I had never heard of...

4:15 PM  
Blogger Micki said...

Your shawl is absolutely lovely! And I'm with you on the work thing: a day off scheduled is a day off taken, no matter what. :)

4:35 PM  
Blogger bockstark.knits said...

Gorgeous! And it was worth the 2 extra repeats! :)

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw you post that shawl on Rav, I think it's stunning! I don't know if I'd have the guts to tackle one. Maybe some day!

5:32 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous! You will be super stylish in your beautiful shawl at that wedding! I love the Shetland Triangle!

9:33 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

ahhh! thank you!

your shawl is just gorgeous. absolutely gorgeous!

11:07 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

So beautiful! That's a gorgeous color, and I think the extra repeats were well worth it, as annoying as they were,

1:06 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Oh thank you, you are so kind!! Right back atcha!!

LOVE your Shetland Triangle, this is a total winner of a pattern and I love your Beach Fog version:)

7:45 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Beautiful! That pretty much sums it up.

Happy knitting-
ali

5:45 PM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

Wow -- they do look perfect together! Have fun at the wedding -- have a drink for me, too! lol

9:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Simply Gorgeous! I hope the wedding was a blast!

11:22 PM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

A little late to the party, commenting on this post, but congrats on a beautiful shawl!

I totally understand the churlishness you felt over those extra repeats, in life, and in knitting. :-)

1:42 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

The shawl is lovely! I hope you appreciate those two extra repeats now that they're finished. I'm sure it makes for a nicer size :)

Wow, that autumn Sundara is divine!

9:24 PM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Gorgeous shawl! Perfect with that dress! How was the wedding? I enjoyed reading of your trip to Disney too. I've been a little behind on the blog reading but am catching up now. :)

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home