Peaknit

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Scout's Honor

scouts honor

I received some gorgeous Knitpicks Harmony straight needles in the mail yesterday from none other than Scout - I won a contest on her blog and was treated to these beauties. I am thinking how pretty they would look, and practical too naturally, knitting up a simple garter scarf in my latest handspun experiment (they are all experiments for now) and it so happens to also be a product of Scout's Swag - Superwash Merino in Power Couples. I was inspired by Kirsten's of Through the Loops version. But here is mine:

Scout's power couples

I'm having so much fun spinning but I must confess I don't know how much I have when I am done, I haven't measured any of my skeins - I must plead ignorance - therefore, I am not sure how far I'll get on any project - for now, I am just petting them all.

Speaking of Kirsten...Ravelers - check out her new Mystery Sock KAL in honor of Socktoberfest. Since my sweater seemed to thrash my wrists I am going to quietly enjoy this fun little KAL - Kirsten has the most amazing designs, I can't wait to see how this develops. Join the group and join in. For tonight, I shall be "knitting with Pushing Daisies" - the show is back and I am so excited. I have made a pie to celebrate my 14th wedding anniversary today (good grief, where does the time go?) AND to pay homage to my beloved piemaker coming back to primetime.:P

1949413665_ab64b70c10

I made Martha Stewart's pie crust using my Cuisinart, I usually go Pillsbury but 14 years deserves homemade - now we'll see if it is edible.

18 Comments:

Blogger Kirsten said...

I thought that yarn looked familar!!

I just finished watching Pushing Daisies, so much fun! Now I'm regreting not making a pie.

Happy anniversary.

8:19 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Love the yarn. I missed Pushing Daisies, darn work, will have to work it on-line. Can't wait to do the KAL as well!

8:40 PM  
Blogger Micki said...

Look at you go with the spinning! Your yarn is lovely. (Psst...You can still measure your skeins even when they're off the niddy noddy. I'll go back to my corner now.)

9:38 PM  
Blogger zeliaevora said...

those needles are beautiful...
that show was one first serie, but i am wondering if it will be back to portugal...

2:14 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Your spinning's turning out great! I'm excited about the socktoberfest mystery sock KAL idea, too.

BTW, how did the pie crust turn out? I pretty much always use Martha's recipe with the food processor technique, and I've been very happy with it.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

Happy Anniversary. Aren't harmony needles the best. I splurged and bought a set of double points to make socks with!

10:30 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Great swag from Scout! One easy way I found to measure yarn is to lay the skein out as flat as possible, measure the length, count the yarn strands and multiply.

It can be tedious, but better than knitting something you don't have the yardage for. And you could say it's just objectivist petting.

My 9th anniversary is today! Happy anniversary to you! We are actually doing something special, we are going out to dinner. Usually, b/c we are the laziest people on earth, we treat it like every other day and barely acknowledge it.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Happy Anniversary! 14 years! We celebrated 10 last month....The years do fly by!
I love your handspun. I don't have any of Scout's yarn (yet), but have always admired this colorway on the internets!
Enjoy your show (and your pie) tonight!

3:16 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Happy Anniversary!! Congrats!!

I love Pushing Daisies too!

12:09 AM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

I'm very tempted to join that KAL from Kristen - just the timing is bad for me so I might have to pass :(

14 years - that is awesome! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

5:59 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Oh definitely -- the needles will look pretty and the yarn will look even prettier knitting up a garter scarf with your handspun. Do it!

10:05 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

I've joined the KAL, it's my first ever and I'm excited about it :)
Lovely yarn and needles you have there.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Olive Knitting said...

Happy anniversary! 14 years is no small thing...being married is hard like handknitting - sometimes tough, sometimes easy, sometimes you have to rip back and start over but mostly it's fun and worth the effort.

Your yarn is awesome!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!

I'm so excited Pushing Daisies is back. I love the whimsy!

Gorgeous yarn. I have sock in Power Couples. But the handspun is so cool looking!

7:16 PM  
Blogger bockstark.knits said...

You know what's funny? If I had to choose two rovings from Scout, it would be those! They are both so gorgeous!!! And congrats on 14 years and winning KP needles!

3:05 AM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Beautiful job on the handspun... You go girl! And happy belated anniversary!!! Hope you had a marvelous day you and your DH.

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The yarn looks beautiful! I'm so happy that Pushing Daisies is back on!

11:02 AM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

Yay! So glad you like the needles! And you did great with the Power Couples!

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home