Peaknit

Sunday, September 28, 2008

swatch-o-rama

Holy crap, has it really been two weeks since I blogged?!
I have swatched twice for the Ingenue - I am between that and the Drops jacket - whichever one has the best swatch first may win. I hate swatching, not because it is hard, but I find it tedious - show me the knitting! I was that kid that never checked my test answers twice, bought the first house I really looked at and bought a spinning wheel without trying one - and hey, those things worked out (well, except for that one cat...) - gosh, why swatch. Wait, my February Ladies Sweater could be a better fit - should have swatched more apparently - hee hee. So here I am. Swatching. Blech.

I have been doing a pinch more spinning - I think am getting the hang of it enough to say "I get the zen", it's pretty relaxing. Though my joins really leave soemthing to be desired, I feel like I am making some progress.

prs_trio

I did get in Wollmeise's sock club which made me feel like I won a minor lottery. I feel a little guilty because I have truly been blessed with Wollmeise - but the sock club - wow, a nice gig if you can get it.

wollmeise

The pattern is by Kris of Bockstark Knits - breathtaking - the best sock club pattern ever maybe. The yarn is Buxkranzl (box wreath) and Hollerstaud'n - I love purple and green, perfection. I am not sure what either skein will be when they grow up but that green is a lovely holiday color, until I figure out their futures I may just sleep with them under my pillow. Also included were some amazing Holtz and Stein needles - sheesh, so nice. I had looked into getting some but oy, they are so much better when they are "included". (they kind of feel free but then common sense tells you, they're not.) Also there was a piece of candy, which I ate before I could even get the goods outside for a quick photoshoot.

15 Comments:

Blogger bockstark.knits said...

I love your handspun, they are all so pretty!!! And congrats on getting a place in the sock club, it is definitely *the* sock club to be in!!! :)

3:46 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Oh, your handspun is loverly! :)
I feel like I've won the lottery too with the Wollmeise sock club! I just keep staring at the yarn, wondering what to make with it! It's so gorgeous!

5:25 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

I'm getting better with the act of swatching, but it doesn't seem to be improving my knitting. What's up with that?

Your spinning is lovely! And the wollmeise? Well jealous doesn't come close to covering it. That sock pattern by Bockstark is intriguing.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

Your spinning is awesome! So even! I broke Mabel out this weekend for the first time in forever. I was concerned that I wouldn't 'remember' how to spin, but it was like falling off a bike. I picked it right back up. After I get this off the wheel, I'm going to concentrate on making thicker yarn next time. This stuff is like monofilament!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Wow Peaknit you sure catch on quick! Good for you:) What a lovely job.

I know just what you mean about swatching--i'm terrible at it... I am too impetus and usually just dive right in.

11:36 AM  
Blogger knittingma said...

Great job with your spinning! I love the rovings you've chosen--very pretty.

And oh, I'm so envious of the sock club pattern! It's super lovely. And the yarn isn't too bad, either. :)

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your spinning is just beautiful!

6:14 PM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Hi! Okay, I've been reading through a bunch of posts and here are my combined comments: ;)
Gorgeous handspun yarn! Wow. I love the colors.
Wollmeise sock club? Now I wish I'd been up on the blogging world and I might not have missed hearing about that till it was too late. I need to get my paws on some of that yarn. I hear it's fantastic.
And lastly, can I just say how glad I am to hear that I am not the only "grownup" reading the Twilight books?! So far I've only read the first one...loved it. It somehow reminded me of my obsessive high school crushes.... ;)

8:25 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

oh. you can't go wrong with either of those sweaters.
i love them. (i never swatch. well, unless i am making my own pattern. but if i have a pattern, i just do what they say! :) )

lovely handspun.

9:29 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yo, congrats in getting in on the sock club! So glad I didn't know about that one or I would've been up at night trying to scheme my way in:)

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am truly impressed with your handspun yarns. I cannot believe how quickly you've picked it up. So lovely.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

Pretty handspun, Stacey, wow! I am impressed with your yarn, such great colors all whipped up.

Thanks for sharing your lottery wins:)

I missed reading your posts, in fact, I was getting a little worried. Glad you are okay and back. You are a good break for me.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

With all that gorgeous yarn to play with, of course you're too busy to blog! lol

11:24 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

fingers crossed for Ingenue! love the simplicity!

2:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OMG- you won the knitter version of the Powerball lotto! Wollmeise's club!!!!! Those are amazing colors. So pretty!

Great job on the handspun. I haven't really done much but I love to look at my wheel!

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home