Peaknit

Monday, March 25, 2013

Free to a good home...

IMG_0791

So I have decided, I am not a spinner. I have a huge destash of fiber going on over at ravelry in hopes of culling the herd a bit. I am thinking about selling my wheel, but am not ready to commit to that just yet, it is so danged pretty. However, I have this huge bag of scrappy bits of fiber from a scraptastic swap I was involved in some time ago. There is probably at least 12 oz of little bits and bobs. Free to a good home, and I'll pay shipping in the US. The scraps make a cool handspun. Please leave me a comment if you would like to adopt this squooshy pile.

There may have been some cursing but I have tried my hand at spray basting...what a workout!

In other news - I gave spray basting a try. After seeing Lucyandnorman does it, I figured it was worth a try. And since all of my pins are basting together another quilt I haven't finished...I wanted to try this. First let me say - it was a bit of a workout scurrying around the quilt, and hard on the knees - but that goes without saying whether you pin or spray. The true test will be the sewing, I'll be back with some opinions on that. Hopefully sooner than later. But you never know.

We are busy this week between work, spring break, a bathroom remodel and my oldest turning 13! (where does the time go?) We kicked off the week long celebration with family over the weekend. I feel this photo of my nephew sums up the day in a nutshell::

IMG_0741

He thought it was a plate lickin' good time!

4 Comments:

Blogger mle said...

Loving your trippy quilt! I've started spray basting small quilts and such with good success. Once I used too much though and it gummed up my floor and needle. :(

2:50 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

I wish I were a spinner! One day...

Wow, your quilt is looking amazing. Another skill to learn in the future. :)

Happy birthday to your daughter! My little guy is 2 today, and I'm wondering where the time goes....?

4:46 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Oh my, I would love to take those bits off your hands...I'm a relatively new spinner but am finding myself pretty addicted to the process! I am planning on making a Komb blanket with handspun hexagons and these little scrappies would be absolutely perfect to add more colors without having to spin up a full 4 oz of any one color. You can contact me at rachieraeATgmailDOTcom should my offer interest you!

All that said, I'm sad to hear that you don't consider yourself a spinner...,my advice would be to wait a bit more before selling your wheel...just to make sure!

7:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home