Peaknit

Sunday, August 26, 2012

I can see a lot of these little guys in my future...

Pouches that is. I saw so many cool little gadget bags at Stitches Midewest, it kind of got me thinking, I could do that... I have made a pouch or little accessory here and there, but never really found a tutorial quite a slick as this one at Kelby Sews. It was super quick to figure out and I was able to go right to town.

For the first one I chose Washi fabric, because I liked it so much and it can match the bag I made a couple of weeks ago. Because it was a cotton fabric, I ironed on some interfacing, which is my last favorite sewing task.

Washi pouch

Next, after that one was so quick and fun - I used some heavier weight view master fabric (and totally avoided the interface *virtual high five*) I dug out of my stash. I put a little American Jane Pez inside and even added a little label.

Untitled

Now I have no plans for these little guys, but they were fun, quicker than I expected and I will totally make them again. I think I learned a few things I may do a little different with the seams and stuff, as I really crammed the little ends of the zipper under my sewing machine, but the tute just made so much sense, I think I could adapt it to nearly any size zipper. I see my girls needing pencil bags now - I can't wait to see what fabric they choose...

I am loving how easy Instagram is making my photo uploads. What a great way to take a quick picture on the phone, jazz it up with a little style, and shazaam, upload it to flickr. Easy peasy.






3 Comments:

Blogger mle said...

Cute pouches! They are such satisfying projects.
And yay! for easy picture uploading!

9:00 AM  
Blogger monica said...

Love those pouches with the cute fabrics! Thanks for the tutorial link. I'm going to try that one soon.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Very cute! I keep seeing Washi tape -- the fabric is new to me.

Someday I'll have to upgrade to an iphone and try instagram! It seems very handy.

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home