Peaknit

Sunday, July 15, 2012

sometimes you just have to say wtf...

Does that saying make you promptly think of Tom Cruise in his Ray-Bans on Risky Business? Who knew WTF would catch on. Anyways...

The title has nothing to do with my current projects - just a recent visit. Sometimes I can't believe how thoughtless people can be. I want to respect this space for knitting, sewing and overall good stuff, but then things happen, people piss me off and I just can't believe it I let it bother me again. But I did, dang it. Does this ever happen to you? Any suggestions, is there an easy way to let things beyond your control go? Okay, off the soap box - I know it is hopeless, but still. Sometimes I feel I could be quite successful on an island.

So when I am frustrated and my feelings are hurt I should go for a walk - but instead usually I eat. And knit - thank gosh there is the knitting. It is my saving grace today...

IMG_0433

This is the near done yoke of my Nanook sweater - the one with garter fronts I wasn't sure I could tolerate after the Color Affection I belly ached about - but here it is. Thankfully at closer look only the fronts are garter - there are enough other things going on to forgive this sweater for the garter. It is cooking along in Plucky Knitter Primo Worsted in Peep Toes. I swatched but still I pray it will fit. I will divide for the arms soon - the pattern suggests knitting the sleeves flat - but oh dear, seaming. So I am going to change my needle a bit and go for it in the round. I'll keep you posted.

In other news - I made this delightful Lemon Basil Spritzers - how simple and delicious, and I think, relatively not bad for you. You could add some booze if you wanted, but just plain ole is yummy!

And then there is this Rhubarb dump cake - wow - simple and quick for that last little bit of rhubarb this season. Which I was delighted to find it for less than a gajillion dollars at my local grocery store. I ended up using cherry jello because I had it on hand, and whew, it was good.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Nanook is looking absolutely stunning! The pattern, the Plucky Knitter yarn, the (maddening) garter stitch -- all look terrific.

I'll have to try making both the cake and the spritzers!

Hope your day is getting better. Some days people are just the worst...

7:53 PM  
Blogger Auntly H said...

Gee, thanks. I have yet another sweater in my queue now. :)
I hope the frustration w/unkind visitors is passing quickly.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Vicki Knitorious said...

Oh, my. Thank you for that spritzer link. I'm feeling refreshed just thinking about it. ;)

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home