Peaknit

Friday, March 30, 2012

Knitting abroad!

Well, the knitting project went abroad anyways. My husband did some traveling for work to China, and his contact there has the cutest baby ever. My husband requested a hat for his friend's child - which was a nice endorsement from the DH supporting my my habit. I could not resist the Cupcake Hat by Susan B. Anderson. Here is the baby, who's American name is Honey, coincidentally. Isn't she a honey? There is a little cherry on top, but you had to see her cheeks, I just want to kiss those cheeks!

honeybaby

I also got some socks done. I have been considering trying my hand at spinning yarn again because I haven't spun a thing for an entire year but I haven't been able to part with my wheel - it is too pretty somehow. So my justification to keep it is to try knitting some handspun and see if I love it enough. Dang, I did love it...it is fun to see the handwork turn into something, rather than just pet the skeins. From roving to socks.

IMG_0181
My very own handspun, from Hello Yarn roving in the Peat colorway

In addition to knitting handspun and loving it, I learned that having some plain jane socks on the needles allowed me to actually finish something. I have too many tedious projects in progress that require charts and attention - I really needed some "TV knitting". I am working on a pair of Thuja's now - they are in the same vein, simple but with an occasional purl thrown in for interest. I see something getting finished again - finally.

Last up - I read a good book:

jacob

Defending Jacob - It isn't all the court room drama the title would suggest. For me, it really raises some questions about how far would you go as a parent - it was very suspenseful and thrilling to the very end. The voice of Andy Barber, the central figure, it so bitterly sarcastic at times, I kind of wanted to quote him. Hee.

Oh wait - gratuitous yarn shot...

IMG_0188
The Plucky Knitter Rustic Aran in Bombshell

It reminded me instantly of Raggedy Ann's hair - I had "Raggy" who I literally loved the hair off of as a child - here she is reincarnated. Joy! This needs to be something awful special. Any suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home