Peaknit

Wednesday, September 07, 2011

a quick recap of summer...

Wow - where did the summer go? It seems the older I get, the faster time seems to fly by - well, except for when I am at work watching the clock, then time seems to absolutely crawl.

I hope everyone has had a wonderful season. The midwest is starting to cool off a bit - this is a welcome change for sure. But that mean fall, which means winter - I sure don't want any of that.

I did get some knitting done this summer. I was able to complete two shawls - the one item I hardly have a use for but somehow, want to knit.

post blocking
A Cerasifera shawl, pattern from Through the Loops, knit from La Digitessa Wollmeise

Then I cast on a Daybreak Shawl, pattern by Stephen West, using Plucky, Yarntini and HazelKnits yarn.
IMG_9485
...it still needs blocking.

I cast the Daybreak on before flying out to Boston for a semi-impromptu trip with Carolyn to see Christine and attend her bachelorette party. I have never had such a whirlwind trip, or traveled out of State with girlfriends. so. much. fun. I only regret that most of my pictures don't include the people I met, or went to see. Why is it that I take pictures of stuff but not people? doh. I think I expect everyone hates to have their picture taken because I do. Need to rethink that.

IMG_9415
This is table runner I sent to Christine for her wedding, which I sadly couldn't attend. I really like the heavy quilting.

This is the "crack house" from the movie The Fighter...
All Imported-21

A hysterical highlight of the trip for me was to see some locations from the movie. I watched the movie again and compared the house to my picture - damn, that is it! Can you just see Christian Bale jumping out the window into a dumpster in the back? How d'ya like me now?

And most recently my girls went back to school - middle school for my oldest already. I could have absolutely cried sitting at the mandatory parent's meeting, I was thinking "gosh, I'm still a kid myself, aren't I?" A 40-year-old kid.

IMG_9488
middle schooler and 1st grader - when did these little chickies grow up?

5 Comments:

Blogger mle said...

Wow, those shawls are gorgeous! I'm thinking I may have to cast on for one. The colors you used in Daybreak are SOOOOO awesome together! I can't believe summer is over either...I'm looking forward to fall but NOT winter.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Holy cow, do I love your Cerasifera! I need to knit one of those.

Do you wear your small shawls as scarves? I think they're useful that way (although it doesn't always show off the pattern the best).

Your girls are so cute. :-)

4:32 PM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

"There's a lot to like about Lowell!" and your shawls. Both shawls and the quilted runner are beautiful.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

I love your shawls and your girls are wonderful! Summer sure went fast - I agree!

Hope you are well.
susie anderson

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Susan said...

There is indeed "A lot to like about Lowell!" As a resident of Lowell (and a co-worker of Christine's), I really enjoyed reading your blog entry and seeing the beautiful table runner you made for her wedding gift. Hope you enjoy your fall - and get a chance to visit Lowell again soon.

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home