Peaknit

Monday, March 21, 2011

good things...

I received my {Urban} Home Goods swap package last week from Strawberrylicious...

IMG_8746

Isn't this piece a-maz-ing? It was created based on the folded table centerpiece pattern here. It is so intricate - I could have cried when I opened it - so much effort for me, shucks, that feels pretty special. I am thinking I would like to try this technique...on a much smaller scale...using this potholder tutorial. It is always exciting to have something new to try.

This weekend was the Madison Knitter's Guild Knit-In. The highlight for me was that Christine from near Boston and Carolyn from near Chicago came to my hood and we stayed in a swanky bed and breakfast that had many perfect places to knit. And then the icing on the cake was The Plucky Knitter had a booth FULL of fantastic yarn at the event. I was able to help set up and get a pre-look at every skein, self serving as it was, it was fun to get up way too early to fondle all of that yarn. num.

IMG_8754

Christine and Sarah, the Plucky Knitter

IMG_8756

What I won't show you is a picture of my sitting my sweats all day today - I took a vacation day to recover from the weekend, cause knitting and enjoying the company of friends is real tough work. The best kind.

5 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

It was a fantastic weekend!! And I felt the same way about the tea mat that you made me. Not only did it take a tremendous amount of detailed work, but I got some Flea Market Fancy!!

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Kristy said...

I pinned that quilt on Pinterest! It's so awesome that you got it!

I'm glad you had a fun weekend, and it's great that you also took a day off today. Those kinds of weekends are exhausting :)

7:19 PM  
Blogger mle said...

Oooo! nice swap package! So lovely!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

what a great weekend!
and wow - that is an amazing gift, so intricate

8:50 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Gorgeous swap indeed!
Love Plucky - it's really my hands down favorite indie yarn, along with Yarntini!

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home