Peaknit

Sunday, January 02, 2011

2010 retrospective

knits of 2010

I have had a good year filled with knitting. I completed one more project than I did in 2009, and created just one new single sock - and found mates for two I had made in years past. I finished my first wearable sweater - which I don't like and will not wear. I made several hats - which I might even use. I covered two pairs of feet, other than my own, warmed another pair of hands and wrapped one other neck with a cozy scarf. I am glad I shared my knitting but I am also glad to have finished 4 pairs of socks for myself.

According to my ravelry - wow, isn't it something to see your own history on ravelry? - I also started two sweaters, a pair of mystery socks, a monkey, a crocheted afghan and a squirrely pair of mittens - they are all in my work in progress pile. Some may be frogged but for now they loom.

I also read 60 books - it was a year seemingly filled with crappy literature for me. I half-read 10 more books. 2010 is the year I decided life is too short to read stuff I don't enjoy. I did find the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Trilogy, and several by Dani Shapiro that I enjoyed. I always seem to be on a quest to find "that book" and in 2010, no dice.

I wasted far too much time on Facebook and not enough time bundled into my gear for walks and runs. I really need to turn that around if I hope to walk upright with the rest of the human race for a long time to come. I'm not into making resolutions officially because I find I just resent them. But I read an article somewhere about making "intentions" - things you really intend to do but won't beat yourself up if you don't quite make the cut. So making some personal intentions for 2011 seems a good place to start. Good luck in the New Year with your own endeavors. Happy 2011!

11 Comments:

Blogger Trisha said...

Lovely to see all your knitting in one place. I laughed out loud about your first wearable sweater that you will not wear. I hope to knit more socks for myself in the coming year. I only kept one of the pairs I knit.

6:58 PM  
Blogger yarntini said...

I loved the Millennium Trilogy! Tore through all three in about a week. I'm in the process of finding something new as well. And I've realized the same thing - life's too short to read bad books :).

Happy New Year!

7:05 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Beautiful knitting! You also made a gorgeous pin cushion which I use everyday! Thank you again and Happy New Year.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

I'm still working on my intentions too as I also don't like resolutions. I liked the montage of projects! Happy New Year!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

What a beautiful year in handknits! I hear you about the handknit sweater -- it looks great to me, but I too rarely wear the sweaters I've knit. That said, there's one that's very promising -- I just need to sew on the buttons.

Wishing you all the best in 2011! I'm with you on resolving to get outside and do things more -- walks, snowshoeing, enjoy nature.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Wow what gorgeousness you created! Do I spy some Marlenes? They're on my needles right now. And I forgot to add more reading to my resolution list, but I'm also having trouble finding good new reads. I just got a Kindle I want to try out. Let us know if you stumble upon " the book"!

9:21 PM  
Anonymous kim said...

Beautiful work. It's so much fun to see the retrospective. Now I wish I had kept up with Flickr. Happy New Year!

10:16 PM  
Blogger Journeying Five said...

way to go, 2010 looks good in crafts...you have some beautiful knits. happy new year.

11:05 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Beautiful knits, Stacey! The wearable sweater that you will not wear just cracks me up! I have the same thing at my house.....I never touch my February lady sweater!
Seriously though, you knit a lovely sweater!
I've given up on resolutions and the like. I find them frustrating indeed.
Hope 2011 only bring happy things and some good books!

5:46 AM  
Blogger YarnSnob said...

Wow what a colourful collection of knitting! You sure are a knitting machine!
I have a sweater or two that I've knitted and never wear too :)

6:25 PM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

Wow!! I think you achieved a lot with your knitting last year. By the way, every time you leave a comment for me, it makes me feel so good. I love checking in on you and enjoy your blog so much.

You are the entire reason I blog today.

The other thing is that I am bringing back the expression "no dice" as I haven't said that in a long time and it truly deserves its place. lol. love it.

Take care,
susie anderson

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home